Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9333 using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where you got the config.plist you're using but it's not the one I use in the repo. It's no surprise that sound isn't working when you're missing 3 out of the 4 required applehda patches, and it's also missing the framebuffer patch which likely explain the screen corruption you're seeing. I recommend you use the one straight from the repo to see if it fixes your issues, and tinker with it afterwards if you want to. Also I think enabling mouse support in clover is usually not recommended.

For your nullethernet issue, I don't see the kext in your clover folders, nor in the kextcache rebuild log you posted above. So it makes sense it doesn't work either. You got the ssdt in place though so it should be fine once you add the kext.

You're missing the ssdt.aml that needs to be generated by ssdtprgen.sh for power management in your clover/acpi/patched folder. So power management isn't working. Note that if you have the i7 cpu you indicated in your profile and feel a little lazy, you can just use the ssdt.aml in the ssdt/ folder in my repo.

I also recommend you install all the kexts you have in 10.11 clover folder into /S/L/E (or /L/E if you prefer) and only leave FakeSMC and VoodooPS2 in clover folder.

I didn't look at the ioreg. If you still have issues after you fix the above, repost the files/command outputs requested by rehabman.

Thank you! I tried to follow your guide, but it never told to copy those kexts or then I missed something..? Sorry about that.. I will try to copy those kexts.. And the ssdt power management aml-file.

I will report back how those fixes will work out :)

By the way, what is the difference with having kexts in Clover VS. in S/L/E?

EDIT: where do I get the audio & frame buffer & null ethernet patches?

Thank you! I tried to follow your guide, but it never told to copy those kexts or then I missed something..? Sorry about that.. I will try to copy those kexts.. And the ssdt power management aml-file.

I will report back how those fixes will work out :)

By the way, what is the difference with having kexts in Clover VS. in S/L/E?

It's in the guide, last bp of the last section:
  • Once you have your system stable, it's a good idea to copy all the kexts from the EFI into /S/L/E. Make sure to keep at least FakeSMC and VoodooPS2 in the EFI as they are required to boot/enable trackpad when booting the recovery partition.

That's the least of your problem though.. The incorrect config.plist is really the reason why you're seeing most of your issues. I believe the guide is fairly clear as to which config.plist to use, how to generate ssdt.aml for power management, and how to setup nullethernet.kext.

Kexts in the clover folders are injected into the kext cache on boot by clover. Kexts in /s/l/e/ are built into the kext cache when it is built, either by the OS or manually.

I'm very sorry but I'm having really hard time finding nullethernet.kext, and the audio kexts, as well as the frame buffer fix kext.. Or are these kexts generated at some point?

I'm very sorry but I'm having really hard time finding nullethernet.kext, and the audio kexts, as well as the frame buffer fix kext.. Or are these kexts generated at some point?

Nullethernet kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet
The audio and framebuffer patches are part of the config.plist. Compare your config.plist
KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/ section with the one here: https://github.com/vbourachot/Dell-XPS13-9333-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/config.plist and you will see the patches you are missing.

There's no reason for you to use a different config.plist than the one above (as indicated in the guide) until you decide to add a serial number. Just delete your existing config.plist and use the one above and your audio and framebuffer issues will be fixed.

Nullethernet kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet
The audio and framebuffer patches are part of the config.plist. Compare your config.plist
KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/ section with the one here: https://github.com/vbourachot/Dell-XPS13-9333-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/config.plist and you will see the patches you are missing.

There's no reason for you to use a different config.plist than the one above (as indicated in the guide) until you decide to add a serial number. Just delete your existing config.plist and use the one above and your audio and framebuffer issues will be fixed.

Thank you. Yes I used the CloverConfigurator, and seems like it overrided my old config... Live and learn.

Audio & frame buffer issues now solved. Nullethernet still missing but I guess I'll do okay without it too.

About the power management, do you suggest me to generate my own or use yours?

Thank you. Yes I used the CloverConfigurator, and seems like it overrided my old config... Live and learn.

Audio & frame buffer issues now solved. Nullethernet still missing but I guess I'll do okay without it too.

About the power management, do you suggest me to generate my own or use yours?

Nullethernet should work once you add the kext. Getting a compatible wifi card (e.g., bcm94352z) is a much better long term solution though as the third party drivers for usb wifi often break sleep (and their GUI are usually crap).

As far as PM ssdt, you can use mine if you want to as long as you have the 4510u. It works fine here.

Nullethernet should work once you add the kext. Getting a compatible wifi card (e.g., bcm94352z) is a much better long term solution though as the third party drivers for usb wifi often break sleep (and their GUI are usually crap).

As far as PM ssdt, you can use mine if you want to as long as you have the 4510u. It works fine here.

Ok, where can I find yours?

I already bought BCM94352Z from eBay.. Waiting for it to arrive in 3-5 weeks tho :)

EDIT: Generated the power management patches with the original values found from the ssdtPRGen list. It seems to work pretty well right now :)

Thanks for all the help. Now I'm just waiting for the wlan chip to arrive so I will have really the best experience I may have :)

Last edited:
Ok, where can I find yours?

I already bought BCM94352Z from eBay.. Waiting for it to arrive in 3-5 weeks tho :)
In your local copy of my github repo, under the ssdt/ folder (ssdt.aml).

That will only make it sweeter when it gets to you :)

Thanks for all the help!

Now, if I wanted to multiboot this, is it anyhow possible? If I install windows 10, it will override the clover boot manager, so how can I deal with that? I saw a tutorial to simply delete / rename the windows boot loader EFI file from EFI/Microsoft, but after that I'm unable to boot into windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back