Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9333 using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

i've noticed some big artifact on dropbox app with id 0xa260006, i attach a screenshoot

Attachments

• Schermata 2014-11-12 alle 12.20.45.png
    Schermata 2014-11-12 alle 12.20.45.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 217
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

i've noticed some big artifact on dropbox app with id 0xa260006, i attach a screenshoot

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

done!

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

is the same patch for 4400 in the first post?
i've already patched my hd4400, but still not reboted since patching

There is a patch for the OpenCL framework in post #1. If you didn't reboot, the patch would have no effect.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

Try with the framebuffer patch in config.plist I just pushed to github. As mentioned in post 19, the only difference between 0xa260006 and 0xa2e000a (no artifacts) is the cursor bytes size. I noticed tonight that I had some corruption in the icons in mission control, so that finally pushed me to implement the change to patch 0xa260006 to 9MB cursor bytes. It seems to have fixed what little amount of graphics corruption I had using this framebuffer.

Still no progress with the sleep/shutdown issue after a couple hours of uptime. I found the fan readings while poking around in the EC though, so you can get fan speeds in HWMonitor if you repatch your dsdt with the latest from github.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

10.10.1 is safe to upgrade from the apple store.
Everything patched by clover (wifi, sound, trim, and framebuffer as of tonight) works right after the update.
The OpenCL patch (step 5.9 in post #1) needs to be reapplied as the update overwrites libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib with the original file from 10.10 (same md5 sum).
Please report if you find any issues with .1.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

i have a very bad problems :( in about 2 weeks my osx crashed and i cant repair the disk (invalid node structure and incorrect number of thread records) -> i couldnt erase the disk in the installer, so i need to use a linux live-usb. Any ideas why this could be happen? (Nothing about 10.10.1)

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

i have a very bad problems :( in about 2 weeks my osx crashed and i cant repair the disk (invalid node structure and incorrect number of thread records) -> i couldnt erase the disk in the installer, so i need to use a linux live-usb. Any ideas why this could be happen? (Nothing about 10.10.1)

No idea. Is your SSD reporting errors? Use the attached to read its SMART data:
Code:
smartctl -a /dev/disk0

Attachments

• smartctl.zip
    178 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back