Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9333 using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

edit: damn man, after two crashes, caused by the damn bluetooth.kext, can't not boot into the system anymore and diskutil told me that my partition table is gone to the heaven... I recommend you to disable the kext and wait for an update.

Ouch! Not sure if your issue is with the kext or something else (maybe usb issue since BT is connected via usb?), but in any case, thanks for the feedback - I'll add a warning in the first post for now.

FYI - I'm trying to track down a bug where my machine locks up on sleep/shutdown if it's been up for a few hours. I haven't committed anything yet but expect a few dsdt patches modified/added to the github repo soon.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

yeah im not absolutley sure if bluetooth is to blame the crashes, but after the first crash (not sure about the error) there was an error entry about the bluetooth device. Im not sure about the connection type, or what connection type osx recognize. As is said i removed the kext completely and wait for an update.

I red the thread for btwfirmwareuploader at osxlatitude forum and i see a lot people have problems with the kext using 10.10. So we have to wait

Okay before my whole laptop crashed, i had this lock up issue too. Since the reinstall i dont got any crashes. Today i had the same issue the first time after about 5 hours use.
But now i need to disable and activate w-lan after sleep sometimes. I'm still connected to the network but there is no connectivity. Next time i'll check the log to get some more information.

edit: saw u committed a fix, should i try this?

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

Hi vbo, i've the black screen on wake problem, i've tryied to change the gfx id in config.plist with 0xa260006, but i've artifact on menubar.

any chance to resolve? i don't know if it can be related, but i still have not applyed OpenCL framework patch on my hd4400

also i've successfully installed the bcm ngff wifi card!

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

Hi vbo, i've the black screen on wake problem, i've tryied to change the gfx id in config.plist with 0xa260006, but i've artifact on menubar.

any chance to resolve?
No, it's an either/or situation as mentioned in post #19. One simple workaround is to set a password on your account - you'll get a glitch on the login screen, but once you login your worskpace(s) will be glitch-free. Since this is how my account is setup, I do not plan on fixing it. To fix it properly, you can either try to patch 0xa260006, or try to figure out why the backlight doesn't come back on with 0xa2e000a by disassembling the framebuffer kext and patch it accordingly.

i don't know if it can be related, but i still have not applyed OpenCL framework patch on my hd4400
Not related, but the OpenCL patch will fix HD4400 related crashes in preview and a bunch of other applications.

also i've successfully installed the bcm ngff wifi card!
Wifi should be plug and play with the current config.plist.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

yeah im not absolutley sure if bluetooth is to blame the crashes, but after the first crash (not sure about the error) there was an error entry about the bluetooth device. Im not sure about the connection type, or what connection type osx recognize. As is said i removed the kext completely and wait for an update.

I red the thread for btwfirmwareuploader at osxlatitude forum and i see a lot people have problems with the kext using 10.10. So we have to wait

Okay before my whole laptop crashed, i had this lock up issue too. Since the reinstall i dont got any crashes. Today i had the same issue the first time after about 5 hours use.
Just to make sure I understand, have you had any crashes (kernel panic) since you removed the BTFirmwareUploader? Or only lockups if you keep the laptop on for a few hours before sleeping? I don't have any crashes, but I do have the lockups. I'm trying to fix this now, but so far no success.

But now i need to disable and activate w-lan after sleep sometimes. I'm still connected to the network but there is no connectivity. Next time i'll check the log to get some more information.
I don't have this issue. Please post logs if you want me to look into it, but that may just be your network?

edit: saw u committed a fix, should i try this?
You can, it won't hurt as it fixes some things in the dsdt, but it won't fix the lockups either. Still looking for a fix.
Note: I don't get email notifications when you edit your last post. If you want me to answer your questions, just put them in a new reply so I see them as I don't monitor this thread.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

No, it's an either/or situation as mentioned in post #19. One simple workaround is to set a password on your account - you'll get a glitch on the login screen, but once you login your worskpace(s) will be glitch-free. Since this is how my account is setup, I do not plan on fixing it. To fix it properly, you can either try to patch 0xa260006, or try to figure out why the backlight doesn't come back on with 0xa2e000a by disassembling the framebuffer kext and patch it accordingly.

i've already a pwd for my account but with 0xa260006 i've artifact on my menubar, i'll show you an screenshot
ok, i feel so numb. just tryied right now to take a screenshott and no artifact in menubar! :D
i've to check if sleep work now!

Not related, but the OpenCL patch will fix HD4400 related crashes in preview and a bunch of other applications.
ok, il provide to patch it soon

Wifi should be plug and play with the current config.plist.
yeah it's just to confirm that's fully worked with you plist

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

i've already a pwd for my account but with 0xa260006 i've artifact on my menubar, i'll show you an screenshot
No need, I know what they look like. Try this: Open mission control, add a new desktop(s) then close your existing desktop(s). This should get rid of any and all glitches (at least it does for me), and you only need to do it once since the glitches don't reappear after a reboot/cold boot.
Lyrex mentions he also needs to set his display profile to srgb. I didn't need to, but try that too if you still see glitches after the mission control trick..

Glad to hear the wifi patches worked for you out of the box.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

Just to make sure I understand, have you had any crashes (kernel panic) since you removed the BTFirmwareUploader? Or only lockups if you keep the laptop on for a few hours before sleeping? I don't have any crashes, but I do have the lockups. I'm trying to fix this now, but so far no success.
I dont have crashes, i only had a lockup after about 5 hours use (after sleep than).
I don't have this issue. Please post logs if you want me to look into it, but that may just be your network?
If i got this issue next time ill check the log and post, but since i posted it, never got it again.

You can, it won't hurt as it fixes some things in the dsdt, but it won't fix the lockups either. Still looking for a fix.
Note: I don't get email notifications when you edit your last post. If you want me to answer your questions, just put them in a new reply so I see them as I don't monitor this thread.

check.

You said you have some ideas to share with me about the graphics prob.

No need, I know what they look like. Try this: Open mission control, add a new desktop(s) then close your existing desktop(s). This should get rid of any and all glitches (at least it does for me), and you only need to do it once since the glitches don't reappear after a reboot/cold boot.
Lyrex mentions he also needs to set his display profile to srgb. I didn't need to, but try that too if you still see glitches after the mission control trick..

Glad to hear the wifi patches worked for you out of the box.

Nope, after i found out that, as you said, create a new workspace and delete the old one, is killing all glitches i changed back to normal color profile -> everything is fine now

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9333

I dont have crashes, i only had a lockup after about 5 hours use (after sleep than).
Ok, same here. Threshold as best as I can tell is about 2 hours and 30 minutes, i.e. you will experience a lockup on sleep/shutdown if you keep the laptop running for that amount of time without a period of sleep in between. More info here if you're curious: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...nt-sleep-shutdown-after-few-hours-uptime.html

You said you have some ideas to share with me about the graphics prob.
Oh right.. Pretty much just what I wrote above to okaiuz - either patch 0xa260006 to match 0xa2e000a and see if it fixes it, or disassemble the framebuffer kext to try to see why the backlight doesn't come back on with 0xa2e000a.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back