Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9333 using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried release 1.7.1 from RehabMan's fork and I see the same behavior as gele77 reported:
- With the default FW uploaded for [0930:0223] (_v5770), BT is shown as 'On' but I can't connect to it or turn it off.
- Using the same kext after modifying the plist to upload FW _v5744, BT works just fine.
Not sure what's going on here since we all have the same card. It's weird that the firmware is working fine for the-darkvoid but not for me or gele77.

Sidenote: Regarding this:
Interesting that the latest kext is still uploading FW _v5770 for our card. I think that was the one that didn't work for me in previous versions, and the changelog in 1.7 said the FW for this BT module had been reverted to a previous one.
I was incorrect. I went back through the changelog and at 1.3, the FW was updated from _v5744 to _5805. Someone reported an issue with it in the other thread, and it was downgraded to _v5770 in 1.7; I had incorrectly assumed it had been reverted back to _v5744.

Bottom line is for my BT module neither 5770 nor 5805 work. If there's any hardware info I can provide to help you guys figure this out, let me know.

I just tried release 1.7.1 from RehabMan's fork and I see the same behavior as gele77 reported:
- With the default FW uploaded for [0930:0223] (_v5770), BT is shown as 'On' but I can't connect to it or turn it off.
- Using the same kext after modifying the plist to upload FW _v5744, BT works just fine.
Not sure what's going on here since we all have the same card. It's weird that the firmware is working fine for the-darkvoid but not for me or gele77.

Sidenote: Regarding this:

I was incorrect. I went back through the changelog and at 1.3, the FW was updated from _v5744 to _5805. Someone reported an issue with it in the other thread, and it was downgraded to _v5770 in 1.7; I had incorrectly assumed it had been reverted back to _v5744.

Bottom line is for my BT module neither 5770 nor 5805 work. If there's any hardware info I can provide to help you guys figure this out, let me know.

Which firmware is Windows using on your system? If different from v5744, does BT work when you restart from Windows into Yosemite? (thus using the Windows firmware still resident instead of the firmware from BrcmPatchRAM).

Which firmware is Windows using on your system? If different from v5744, does BT work when you restart from Windows into Yosemite? (thus using the Windows firmware still resident instead of the firmware from BrcmPatchRAM).

We'll have to ask gele77 if he can provide this info as I don't have a windows install on this machine. If he's not around to give the info, I'll try to install windows on a spare partition to look it up when I have a chance.

We'll have to ask gele77 if he can provide this info as I don't have a windows install on this machine. If he's not around to give the info, I'll try to install windows on a spare partition to look it up when I have a chance.

I do have a separate SSD that I run Windows 7 on. But I have never succeded to use BT in windows. I tried with alot of different drivers without any luck.

Anything you want me to test or do?

I was able to boot into 10.10.3 (Thanks for the help from here) but no wifi option. :crazy:

I did replace the OEM WIFI card and I got one from partstore.com mentioned here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/160258-where-can-i-get-bcm94352z.html

BCM94352z-1-3.jpg

any suggestions?? some day they work some say they don't. Even at the bay they sell the same card claiming its hackintosh ready. :rolleyes:

TIA

I was able to boot into 10.10.3 (Thanks for the help from here) but no wifi option. :crazy:

I did replace the OEM WIFI card and I got one from partstore.com mentioned here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/160258-where-can-i-get-bcm94352z.html

any suggestions?? some day they work some say they don't. Even at the bay they sell the same card claiming its hackintosh ready. :rolleyes:

TIA

Post your EFI/CLOVER folder and the output of:
Code:
grep -i fakepci /var/log/system.log

Post your EFI/CLOVER folder and the output of:
Code:
grep -i fakepci /var/log/system.log

here ya go pal

Attachments

• CLOVER.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 79
  • system.rar
    235.6 KB · Views: 64
here ya go pal

I'm not sure what I'm looking at.. Did you follow the guide in the first post at all?
  • There's no FakePCIID kexts in your clover/kext/other folder
  • There's no dsdt/ssdt in your clover/acpi/patched folder
  • The config.plist looks like a sample config from Rehabman's repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back