Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Precision M6600 w/ FirePro M8900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @InsaneCultist,

I try to boot to my 10.11 with your setup: DSDT, SSDT-6, config.plist and modify AppleGraphicsControl.
I also connect external display using DP.
Let's see my result. I think we found something new.

Edit:
Shutdown > ok,
Sleep > can't wake up from sleep (not important),
Two GPU are working in dual > like a champ!
VGA & built-in display on HD3000 > ok (but with FHD display it seem to weak),
DP with QD3000M > ok,
HDMI > no test.​

So problem now, Optimus auto disable.

Anw, I'm working on 10.11.3 with Clover EFI. You can change to 10.11 :D

View attachment 204302 View attachment 204303 View attachment 204304 View attachment 204305

Have you made any further progress with your M6600? Following along behind Insane Cultist and yourself, I've gotten my Quadro 4000m up and running with my M6600! Thanks folks!

Have you made any further progress with your M6600? Following along behind Insane Cultist and yourself, I've gotten my Quadro 4000m up and running with my M6600! Thanks folks!

I have elected not to pursue OS X on my M6600 with the Quadro 3000M due to the sleep and external graphics issues outlined here. Perhaps your 4000M behaves differently? I do not have one to test with. The guide for the 6970M should outline most of the fixes needed to get your system up and running. Any additional tweaks due to the difference in GPU should be minor. Of course, ignore anything Radeon based such as the FrameBuffer patch, and I see that you found the AppleGraphcisControl kext I posted earlier, which seems to be critical for the NVIDIA based Precision M6600s. I'm interested to know what you find - please let me know how your experiments turn out.

-IC

InsaneCultist, do you remember what you did to get UEFI boot working on your M6600 with the 8900 in it? In my bios, I'm pathing to the loader via \efi\boot\BOOTX64.efi. Is that incorrect?

FYI - my OSX install is alone on the msata ssd.

I tried the \efi\clover\cloverx64.efi and that does the trick. DOH!!!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I can't Shutdown My Dell Precision M6600 with Nvidia Quadro M4000. When I Shutdown High Sierra 10.13.6 my Laptop is always on and I must push the Power Botton for 5 seconds. What's the Problem? Can you help?

Thanks

I can't Shutdown My Dell Precision M6600 with Nvidia Quadro M4000. When I Shutdown High Sierra 10.13.6 my Laptop is always on and I must push the Power Botton for 5 seconds. What's the Problem? Can you help?

Thanks

Your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, you have not attached any PR files.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Would you be willing to go into more detail on what type of functionality you achieved, and how you accomplished this feat. I have been trying everyday for 2 weeks straight -.-

EDIT- After going very carefully through the guide, I did indeed get my Quadro 4000m running rock solid on Yosemite. You guys rock!

Last edited:

Hi, could you explain me how to make work NVIDIA 4000m work on Sierra?

Hi, could you explain me how to make work NVIDIA 4000m work on Sierra?

Good morning,

Apologies, I don't check this thread anymore. The Quadro 4000M is not suitable for macOS in my testing. This guide is for the Radeon card only, and only under Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back