Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Precision M6600 w/ FirePro M8900

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unsure why the BIOS seems to revert after reboot.
As I'm ask a Pro guy, he said that it's auto disable Optimus because my latop now like a real Mac. OSX will auto choose Nvidia.
I think we need to read more about Graphic Optimus on OSX.

As I'm ask a Pro guy, he said that it's auto disable Optimus because my latop now like a real Mac. OSX will auto choose Nvidia.
I think we need to read more about Graphic Optimus on OSX.

I haven't been able to disable the discrete GPU on this laptop either. It should be possible to only use the HD 3000 and have the Q3000M disabled entirely, but the M6600 only has 6 SSDTs, none of which include an _OFF method for the PEGP device. As I said before, I have a Geforce GTX 765M coming this week, I will most likely just swap out my Quadro.

EDIT:

Well, the 765M doesn't work in an M6600. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
i guys! how i get yosemite now? Its not on the apple store anymore...

i guys! how i get yosemite now? Its not on the apple store anymore...
Unless you've previously downloaded Yosemite from the Apple Mac App Store (MAS), you can only get El Capitan. If you get from anywhere else, it's a pirated version.

ok! thank you so much.

@InsaneCultist
Thanks for the guide I installed perfectly Yosemite, whereas I own the same hardware except the wifi card (I just bought the AzureWave, but still has to come) and the processor (2720), I downloaded the config file, the file dsdt, and kext you attached, and I placed them in the proper locations, but the audio and the battery does not work, and the pC goes into sleep mode as soon as I log in ... could you give me some advice?
thank you

I forgot that in order to perform the installation I had to disable the speedstep of cpu otherwise I was stuck in the p-state error

@InsaneCultist
Thanks for the guide I installed perfectly Yosemite, whereas I own the same hardware except the wifi card (I just bought the AzureWave, but still has to come) and the processor (2720), I downloaded the config file, the file dsdt, and kext you attached, and I placed them in the proper locations, but the audio and the battery does not work, and the pC goes into sleep mode as soon as I log in ... could you give me some advice?
thank you

I would strongly recommend patching your OWN DSDT, the one I provided is purely for reference. Make sure you install RehabMan's ACPI Battery kext to S/L/E, not injected via Clover. Follow RehabMan's guide (as per above) to fix your P-state issue.

Hello guys @InsaneCultist
after many attempts I managed to compile my dsdt and my SSDT. it works pretty much everything. Now i did not quite clear what should I do with all the other files I have in the origin folder and what it means to drop all oem SSDT and MCFG table? sorry but the things that are obvious to you are a discovery for me :)

PS: when I put the computer to sleep when it reactivated the monitor is black but the cmputer is working, I have to shut it down physically. At last at startup while the loading bar goes on, there are video artifacts...it's normal?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back