Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Precision 7540 with OC 0.6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh awesome. Still, I beg of you, would you share any more of your files? I’ve ran it 8+ times and still same outcome.:eek:

Oh awesome. Still, I beg of you, would you share any more of your files? I’ve ran it 8+ times and still same outcome.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Okay, something different must be going on. It doesn't show you an option to boot the newly installed system? Just the installer?

I don't have access to that complete EFI folder, right now. But I've got the one I used for the Catalina installer, which is quite similar. I'll upload it.

I remember that the setup utility crashed on me after I finished the installation. I thought it was going quite badly, and then I booted it up again and I was at the Mac desktop!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 171
Okay, something different must be going on. It doesn't show you an option to boot the newly installed system? Just the installer?

I don't have access to that complete EFI folder, right now. But I've got the one I used for the Catalina installer, which is quite similar. I'll upload it.

I remember that the setup utility crashed on me after I finished the installation. I thought it was going quite badly, and then I booted it up again and I was at the Mac desktop!

Thanks! I am in the midst of an installation attempt now and will try this one next :)

Update: this EFI mostly worked for me! I can now boot into MacOS! But the keyboard, trackpad, & WX3200 are now nonfunctional -- excited to try your actual folder when you can grab that!

Last edited:
Hey Kyle,
Any issues getting your keyboard to work? Touchpad works, but I can't seem to get the keyboard working on my 7540.

Thanks

Yes, there's something that prevents the keyboard from working with VoodooPS2Controller. Does your battery meter work? I think it involved I2C getting in the way. Sorry, I can't remember the exact steps anymore!

I also deleted the touchpad plugin from VoodooPS2Controller, so that the only one in Contents/Plugins is VoodooPS2Keyboard. You have to let the I2C kexts deal with that.

Ok update: I've got graphics, trackpad, and keyboard fully functional. But now the webcam is broken. Any advice on that Kyle? Should I attach my folder?

Ok update: I've got graphics, trackpad, and keyboard fully functional. But now the webcam is broken. Any advice on that Kyle? Should I attach my folder?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Yes, there's something that prevents the keyboard from working with VoodooPS2Controller. Does your battery meter work? I think it involved I2C getting in the way. Sorry, I can't remember the exact steps anymore!

I also deleted the touchpad plugin from VoodooPS2Controller, so that the only one in Contents/Plugins is VoodooPS2Keyboard. You have to let the I2C kexts deal with that.

Battery meter works! Thanks for the info, i'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back