Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Precision 7540 with OC 0.6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok update: I've got graphics, trackpad, and keyboard fully functional. But now the webcam is broken. Any advice on that Kyle? Should I attach my folder?

If you used my USB map kext, try repeating that part of the procedure from the OpenCore guide. My laptop has the screen that doesn't come with a webcam, so I didn't map it.

If you used my USB map kext, try repeating that part of the procedure from the OpenCore guide. My laptop has the screen that doesn't come with a webcam, so I didn't map it.
Oh right on. I’m trying and failing at that currently so that makes sense. I’ve also noticed that I’m having trouble getting/keeping audio working. Would you please share your folder when you have the chance? I’m really struggling haha/ I fix one thing, another seems to break. I wish I knew where I was going wrong.

I promise you, 100%, that my EFI folder is just the subdirectories I put on the original post, plus the standard stuff that comes with OpenCore. I'm not going to upload the complete folder. The way I did it is to force people to at least skim through the OC documentation, and I'm sticking with that.

As long as you're on version 0.6, it shouldn't be necessary to repeat the whole process. Just the parts that are different for your laptop.

Taking a look at the USBMap.kext, you only need to add one entry, to the Contents/Info.plist file. It's probably one of the SS ports. You also need to find a port that's not used for you, to remove. A good starting point would be to change SS09, and give it the USBConnector value of 255, same as for HS10 (which is the bluetooth). Then, instead of SS09, try SS06. If still not working, repeat with SS07, SS08. You get the idea.

It might be easier than the complete port mapping process.

I promise you, 100%, that my EFI folder is just the subdirectories I put on the original post, plus the standard stuff that comes with OpenCore. I'm not going to upload the complete folder. The way I did it is to force people to at least skim through the OC documentation, and I'm sticking with that.

As long as you're on version 0.6, it shouldn't be necessary to repeat the whole process. Just the parts that are different for your laptop.

Taking a look at the USBMap.kext, you only need to add one entry, to the Contents/Info.plist file. It's probably one of the SS ports. You also need to find a port that's not used for you, to remove. A good starting point would be to change SS09, and give it the USBConnector value of 255, same as for HS10 (which is the bluetooth). Then, instead of SS09, try SS06. If still not working, repeat with SS07, SS08. You get the idea.

It might be easier than the complete port mapping process.
All respect to you, and gratitude, but I promise I’ve been at this for several days, googling away. I’ve matched your specs and at this point I’m totally lost. I don’t know what’s so wrong with sharing your folder, and id still really appreciate it. But I guess I will just have a broken build for now. Sorry to bother.

I have more to say, as to why I circumstantially might be having such a hard time, but because I can’t begin a direct message with you because I’m a new member.

Hi, kylec, did you face the problem: when rebooting ,the bios : Video--"switchable graphics"--"enable switchable graphics " will be reset. as mentioned is this post: here
微信图片_20201009224602.png

Huh, I haven't seen that. Maybe it could be a BIOS version thing?

The symptom makes me think it could be an issue with the AppleRTC. Try following that part of the OpenCore guide here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/misc/rtc.html
thank you for reply, and I tried the article you recommanded.

when I checked the `DisableRtcChecksum` and reboot ,it doesn't help.

and then I download and add RtcMemoryFixup.kext to kext and use rtcfx_exclude=00-FF in boot-args,etc.
and reboot ,when I login , the system tell me there is something wrong with with the system time(something like this), so I know it make sense, but when I rebooted ,the `Enable Switchable Graphics` is BIOS option still switch to unchecked.

So I think it is not the RTC issue.

and there is one thing I forgot to tell you , when I use clover (now oc with your profile ), I check the `add PNLF`in config.plist and the `Enable Switchable Graphics` option will not reset, instead, it will make my PS2 keyboard does not work.

It's totally strange.

After several days work, the issue still can't be solved, maybe it's time I say goodbye to hackintosh~

Thank you for help , Mr. kylec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back