Contribute
Register

Guide Dell Optiplex 9030 All in One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying above with Optiplex 3030 AiO with i3-4160 / HD4400 iGPU with config from Slim61 above

The only problem is wakeup from sleep, backlight does not come back, so the screen is very dark (hardly able to see the coursor, to be able to restart)

In IORegExplorer, the display is listed as AppleDisplay and not AppleBacklightDisplay

Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 13.12.27.png

Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 13.13.01.png

Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 13.13.56.png

Last edited:
I must admit that I cannot tell the differences between your 3030 and this 9030 but they must be serious enough to cause your problems as I cannot see any of the issues you mentioned. Maybe a new thread might be more helpful?

There is already a thread about the same issue here

Sorry Typo

Here is my EFI without Resources folder
Hi Slim61,
I'm sorry for bothering you again. But there is one final issue and I hope that I may ask you for help. I have difficulties figuring out what to edit in your config.plist to get bluetooth and wlan working. I bought the recommended card from post #1 and the adapter. As the Dell I am using came without any wlan card attached it was also necessary to buy antennas and fit them into the chassis. But the issue is still the same. wlan cannot be turned permanently on as it turns itself off 1-2 seconds later (the antennas attached/removed don't make any difference). Bluetooth seems to stay on but cannot see any devices. Now I guess it has something to do with these settings below as they appear to be required (or the very opposite) if the installed cards are/are not native. Is my guesswork correct? I'd be very thankful if you could shed some light on that.

wlan bluetooth settings.jpg

Hi guys, maybe there is still somebody out there who can help me with the wifi/bt issue. In the OP it says "specifically look for Broadcom BCM94630CS2 and corresponding WIFI wireless card module to NGFF M.2" - which is what I did. But the OC guide doesn't mention this type at all (https://dortania.github.io/Wireless-Buyers-Guide/unsupported.html) am I misreading something? Please help.

Say does this guide only work if there is no dedicated Radeon GPU present? I thought there were way to surpress the dGPU with the bootloader?

Hi guys, maybe there is still somebody out there who can help me with the wifi/bt issue. In the OP it says "specifically look for Broadcom BCM94630CS2 and corresponding WIFI wireless card module to NGFF M.2" - which is what I did. But the OC guide doesn't mention this type at all (https://dortania.github.io/Wireless-Buyers-Guide/unsupported.html) am I misreading something? Please help.

That link only list the prefix of the supported WLAN cards. BCM94630CS2 should be supported. That being said, under certain circumstances I have seen that WLAN card connect to WiFi networks exactly once and then never again. Only happens when the card is used on a PCI carrier card or when inserted into a NUC. Two test cases with Gigabyte motherboards where you replace the wifi card on the board did not show this phenomenon.

Say does this guide only work if there is no dedicated Radeon GPU present? I thought there were way to surpress the dGPU with the bootloader?

That link only list the prefix of the supported WLAN cards. BCM94630CS2 should be supported. That being said, under certain circumstances I have seen that WLAN card connect to WiFi networks exactly once and then never again. Only happens when the card is used on a PCI carrier card or when inserted into a NUC. Two test cases with Gigabyte motherboards where you replace the wifi card on the board did not show this phenomenon.
I know what you mean. The Haswell guide says iMac14,4 for Haswells with iGPU only and iMac15,1 for a Haswell with dGPU. But I remember having read about disabling dGPU entirely.
And the wifi cards issue: is it possible to "revive" these cards. I think that I have encountered the exact phenomenon that you mentioned. How is this even possible?

Hey guys, is there anyone in here who has updated this machine and is happy using big sur? And if so - could you please enlighten us on how you did it? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back