Contribute
Register

Guide Dell Optiplex 9030 All in One

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am interested in improving my results, but there are only so many hours in a day... i moved on to getting a HP Elite 6300 SFF to work, but it looks like that guide also needs revising... it seems 10.5.6 is a real killer to these guides... I am hoping the next OC release based guide will be the answer. f re-formatted my usb drive for the 6300 install, but I'll try to document what I did for the 9030 when I get a moment. What really kills me is the t430s guide I found, http://t430s.mcdonnelltech.com/macos-catalina/ , had EVERYTHING in a zip, where everything here is go fetch the kexts (and they constantly change) so recreating a install guide is too much of a PIA

i am interested in improving my results, but there are only so many hours in a day... i moved on to getting a HP Elite 6300 SFF to work, but it looks like that guide also needs revising... it seems 10.5.6 is a real killer to these guides... I am hoping the next OC release based guide will be the answer. f re-formatted my usb drive for the 6300 install, but I'll try to document what I did for the 9030 when I get a moment. What really kills me is the t430s guide I found, http://t430s.mcdonnelltech.com/macos-catalina/ , had EVERYTHING in a zip, where everything here is go fetch the kexts (and they constantly change) so recreating a install guide is too much of a PIA
Another user helped me with the 8300usff. Maybe it works for you.
BTW - did I get that right - you didn't go for 10.5.6 at all?

BTW - did I get that right - you didn't go for 10.5.6 at all?
no, you got that wrong, or I wouldn't have said what I said...

okay - I think I got the message. I believe this is where it ends. I wanted to offer my help with the 8300usff information as the Elite series is combined in one thread - but the one from another thread did the trick. Have you given that a chance? (no need to answer anymore and). As I am no native speaker I'm doing my very best to understand you (and express) but you either accidentally hit the bold button and there is no need to read between the lines or the other option ends the same way. All I wanted to ask you was if you managed to get 10.15.6 installed at all or if you had to go for a different version. What ever really offended you - it was not my intention and I'm sorry. Stay safe and have fun with clover/oc.

HP Elite 6300 SFF to work, but it looks like that guide also needs revising... it seems 10.5.6 is a real killer to these guides
Sniki is going to be posting his OC guide for the HP 6300/8300s hopefully soon so be on the lookout for that.

Reporting back with debug version of OC 0.6.0.:
Can't really see any differences. Followed the desktop (debug) guide with updated kexts from August 3dr. (see attachment). Used opencore.slowgeek webpage ("sanity checker") recommended by OpenCore Install Guide to get everything checked in green so everything is according to plan for Haswell 4600 with 14,1 as it is said to be equipped with iGPU. Came across one interesting information accidentally: SSDT-PNLF.dsl is said to be required graphics-wise with/within Whatevergreen if a) laptop or b)!!! AIO systems are being used. Research shows that *.dsl files too require decompiling via MacIASL (open and save as aml). Unfortunately this part is not covered in the OC guide. Maybe I got that part wrong? Next option could be re-trying everything using laptop configuration which already failed me with OC 0.5.9. All ideas are welcome.
Currently stuck (again/still) with AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless kmod s___(freeze?/no restart on kernel panic?)

Attachments

• sc oc 0.6.0.jpg
    sc oc 0.6.0.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
update concerning clover approach. fyi:
10.15.4 + Clover 5102 + Hat-trick's efi folder from post #11 (add Hfsplus.efi) and change hat-trick's config.plist for Minihack's usb config.plist = fully working install!
update #2: believe it or not - it also works with 10.15.6! I'm done for. How is this possible?
next steps: open core conversion.

Last edited:
can you post a zip of that efi folder? i think its gone... mine still takes 20-30 min to boot so i have turned to other projects for now

I'm using 10.15.5 just fine. Attached is my EFI folder, but config.plist has serial numbers removed, so generate/use your own.
Okay - I've just realised that issue. Now what are the reasons for doing that? Was that Hat-Trick's choice (if so - why?) or the admin's choice (again: if so and why?)
Is an admin available to help figure that out? I have no problem posting the "updated" version of that efi folder but maybe somebody has? Help please?

Okay - I've just realised that issue. Now what are the reasons for doing that? Was that Hat-Trick's choice (if so - why?) or the admin's choice (again: if so and why?)
Is an admin available to help figure that out? I have no problem posting the "updated" version of that efi folder but maybe somebody has? Help please?
Glad to see that you finally got it to install! Congrats!

The reason that I (and practically everyone who posts a config.plist) removes the SMBIOS section (or at least the serial numbers) is because that contains the serial number that I've chosen to use for my config. Just like real Apple serial numbers, they must be unique for services like iCloud or iMessages and a bunch of other Apple services to work. If you use my serial number then that breaks those services since you are also using the same serial number.

There is a feature in Clover Configurator to create your own unique/random serial number and save that to your config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back