Contribute
Register

Guide Dell Optiplex 9030 All in One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Haswell CPU are you using ? There are differences between HD4600 and HD4400 you have to account for in the config.plist. Some of the i3s (that start with i3-41xx) have HD4400 iGPU.

Try using an older version of Clover. r5117 seems to work well with Haswell based systems. There's nothing in 5121 that you need to have for Catalina. https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5117

Thank you for this info, I need to read up on config.plist. so if it is HD4600 or HD4400 there's something that needs to be done on the plist? I believe the gpu is HD4400. But I will double check the specs again and will try to use clover r5117.

Hello, I am a total noob with hackintosh. the last hackintosh I did was with a dell D600 some 15 years ago and i forgot which OS version it was. now I have 2 Opt 9030 did some googling and found this guide. I followed the instructions on creating the bootable media . I have seem to run into a wall. when I boot to clover and start OS install, all I get is a blank screen. I thought maybe it is doing something, but I have waited over an hour and nothing is happening. I even recreated the boot media a few times just to make sure i didnt miss anything. I havent added any upgraded to the system, no wifi or m.2. Any suggestions I can try is greatly appreciated.

below is what i have done/used.
Optiplex 9030 bios A22
Catalina 10.15.6 installer
Clover r5121
used config.plist from this first post

Stick to post #37 This one gets you a workable system. Sound issues and card reader is not fine tuned. But it gets you going. But I have to admit that I cannot tell about 10.15.7. But 10.15.6 works.
BTW:
Is there anyone out there who managed to get opencore working in the meantime? Am I missing out on some invisible opencore thread here? Is there no place to turn to for opencore folder sharing?

Hi

I might be able to help you with this config.plist

Any help finetuning will be appreciated!

Attachments

• Config.plist
    33.1 KB · Views: 107
Hi

I might be able to help you with this config.plist

Any help finetuning will be appreciated!
Hi Slim61,
is this plist meant to work for opencore?

Yes OC 0.61
I totally forgot to thank you for your efforts! Sorry about that.

I just realised that using my old editor. But it says Dell 7030 with HD4600? And one more thing. Would you mind posting the rest of the folders too? The used kexts etc sometimes give me the willies when it comes to changed file version and such things. TIA!

Last edited:
I totally forgot to thank you for your efforts! Sorry about that.

I just realised that using my old editor. But it says Dell 7030 with HD4600? And one more thing. Would you mind posting the rest of the folders too? The used kexts etc sometimes give me the willies when it comes to changed file version and such things. TIA!

Sorry Typo

Here is my EFI without Resources folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 180
FLABBERGASTED! :eek:
I've never heard/read about ssd-gprw.aml before. It isn't even mention in the dortania guide! Utmost respect sir! You've done your job well. I'm going to try it out asap. Thank you so much for sharing that. But looking at the different config.plist versions and the amount of kexts. I don't even know where to start. How can I possibly help you/return the favour? Please let me know.

Sorry Typo

Here is my EFI without Resources folder
SLIM61 - OH MY GOD! This is amazing! I finally managed to dedicate some more time to your amazing gift! Thank you so much!!! Teach me how you crafted this awesome folder from A-Z, pleeeease! AND EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

I hope that I didn't break anything removing that little plastic thingy (see attached file) from its adhesive strip to install the adapter for the BCM94630CS2. The only thing I need to get my hands on now is some sort of extender or antenna for the BCM94630CS2 adapter thingy that fit because BT and WLAN cannot connect and then that machine will be perfect.

Again so many thanks to you for sharing this!!! 1000 hugs/kisses/beers to you

Attachments

• plastic standoff thingy.jpg
    plastic standoff thingy.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 66
Hello,
So i fallow all the step and it work wonderfully, but for some reason i can't read any usb drive or dongle.
Other USB devices are working fine Only Drives.
Any one of you have this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back