[Guide] Dell Optiplex 7010

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.15.3 works fine from update

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 12.51.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 12.51.11 PM.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 155
Here's a video I made about flashing the 7010 BIOS. Also applies to the 9010 if anyone has that Optiplex. It's an important first step. Most of these you buy refurbished come with the old 2013 BIOS version which is not ideal. Many things like USB ports won't work optimally on an older BIOS and your security won't be as good either. Again, it's an important first step that no Optiplex hackintosh owner should skip.

Last edited:
I have tried your solution on a Dell optiplex 5070 i5-9500 intel uhh 630 and works fine except for the sound. Any suggestions.

Can you post the detailed instruction for clover installation? (which choices to check / what files do we need / put the files to which folder / etc ? )

I have MSI GT 710 2GB DDR3 / Optiplex 7010, I tried your EFI set and it did work for me. If possible, I want to get more details on how clover is configured.

Looks like there's something needs to update / change. USB 3.0 is not working with your EFI set.

Can you post the detailed instruction for clover installation? (which choices to check / what files do we need / put the files to which folder / etc ? )

I have MSI GT 710 2GB DDR3 / Optiplex 7010, I tried your EFI set and it did work for me. If possible, I want to get more details on how clover is configured.

Hi, I suggest you use the search function of this forum and see if you can find some guide that can help you there are many on here and as well as on google. (Not to sound rude its just too much explaining and would take to long to explain)

Looks like there's something needs to update / change. USB 3.0 is not working with your EFI set.
Secondly, usb 3.0 works fine for me as I recall I did see one of your earlier threads that indicated that you tried to frankenHack my EFI folder in another machine last time. IF your still using that machine I suggest you try to get a working EFI folder that is proper for that or use the search function instead of complaining.
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 3.24.14 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back