Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Optiplex 7010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you successfully updated to macOS 10.15.2? I tired but after 3 times reboot, just nothing updated, still the previouse 10.15.1.

Works fine for me I updated clover to r5100 updated , lilu,weg,alcaudio kext all works will uploaded new EFI in main post as well :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 11.39.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 11.39.31 PM.png
    136 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Thanks for your awesome work.
Question: will it work hassle free on Radeon 6450 or Intel 2500?

Run through this, works perfect on an Optiplex 7010, i7-3770, latest bios. What geekbench scores do others get?

I installed Catalina 10.15.2 on HP elite 8300 (USDT) and everything seems working well, since my HP elite 8300 and Dell Optiplex 7010 has the same chipset and same CPU (i5-3475s mainly for video), I took the hard drive from HP to the Dell, after I changed some BIOS settings in Dell, I tried to boot MacOS and it booted! Sound was not working (no output device found), internet is working though....

Maybe I can try to inject some drivers to /L/E for a quick and dirty fix. :p

Update: copied AppleALC and Lilu kexts to /L/E, then run "sudo kextcache -I /", then reboot, and sound is OK now!

I installed Catalina 10.15.2 on HP elite 8300 (USDT) and everything seems working well, since my HP elite 8300 and Dell Optiplex 7010 has the same chipset and same CPU (i5-3475s mainly for video), I took the hard drive from HP to the Dell, after I changed some BIOS settings in Dell, I tried to boot MacOS and it booted! Sound was not working (no output device found), internet is working though....

Maybe I can try to inject some drivers to /L/E for a quick and dirty fix. :p

Update: copied AppleALC and Lilu kexts to /L/E, then run "sudo kextcache -I /", then reboot, and sound is OK now!

Glad you got it working!!! I have tried this reverse engineering as well in the past and sometimes when it works its a godsend !!! :D

Its not working.
What's not working ? Did you flash the BIOS ? Configure it correctly ? Need to put your hardware specs into your profile
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details before anyone can offer help.

You need to be on at least BIOS version A26 to have a working macOS install on a 7010 Optiplex. Most of these Dells come with an old BIOS from around 2013. Check to see which one you have.

Identifying BIOS version using System Information in Microsoft Windows:
  1. Press Windows logo key + R key on the keyboard.
  2. In the Run dialog box, type msinfo32 and press Enter key.
  3. In the System Information window, look for BIOS Version/Date
Identifying BIOS version in the BIOS interface:
  1. Restart the PC
  2. Press F2 key at the Dell logo screen during startup
  3. Under the Main or System Information tab, look for BIOS Version.

Last edited:
I tried the EFI set in post #1 and it did not work for me. I did not do further research. Later, I compiled the things I learn from other posts (Mainly from trs96 and sniki) and created an EFI set which worked for me. I installed a vanilla set of Catalina 10.15.2 and it worked well. Today I upgraded it to 10.15.3 and it seems working well. (At least internet / sound works. :p)

I don't know how to get a screen shot, so I just googled it and learned it. :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 1.32.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 1.32.08 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back