Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] DELL Optiplex 3020 Tower Mac OS X Mojave (Budget iMac Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this still work with the i5-4590?

hye @2005gg , ive succesfully installed mojave on my dell optilex 3020, do you using any customs ssdt to place in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder to make this built more stable?

I did it! I had to start over once (from step 3) because at the end of Step 4, it says to copy over kexts twice, when I believe it's meant to be configlist, kexts, drivers, and acpi patched. So, I didn't copy over the configlist the first time and when I restarted, it wouldn't boot up after Clover.

I haven't linked an iCloud account as of yet, I skipped that step. But I notice the onboard audio isn't working. I plugged in some speakers, and I'm getting audio from my monitor. Is there a fix for this?

@trs96 and @2005gg - I did the exact install minus the iCloud setup, but I'm not getting audio through external speakers. I get audio through my monitor speakers, but I would rather use my desk speakers. Any fixes for this?

Broken audio after upgrade to Catalina.

I upgraded to Catalina from Mojave without any prep, it boots OK but I no longer have audio on the builtin card or via DP/HDMI and I have no idea how to fix it. Graphics card is now showing as Intel Iris Pro instead of HD4600. Can anybody advise on how to fix it please ? I have replaced FakeSMC with VirtualSMC.

Last edited:
If you haven't disabled CSM (legacy option roms) and set to UEFI booting only the 580 won't work. You also need to have Whatevergreen and Lilu kexts installed properly to L/E/ if you are using that instead of injecting all kexts via Clover.
HALLE-LUJAH!!!

been pulling my hair out all evening and it was just the legacy option roms setting

tytyty

Last edited:
New Optiplex 3020 SFF Big Sur Guide

Just finished posting this if anyone is interested in switching their 3020 to OpenCore and Big Sur.

I'd suggest a clean install, especially if you're not using iMac 15,1 SMBIOS. If you don't want to clean install make sure to remove all hackinosh kexts from /L/E if you have any there. Clear NVRAM before switching to an OC EFI.

New Optiplex 3020 SFF Big Sur Guide

Just finished posting this if anyone is interested in switching their 3020 to OpenCore and Big Sur.

I'd suggest a clean install, especially if you're not using iMac 15,1 SMBIOS. If you don't want to clean install make sure to remove all hackinosh kexts from /L/E if you have any there. Clear NVRAM before switching to an OC EFI.

Thanks for this, it fixed my broken audio too. Very happy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back