Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell latitude e6540

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the EFI folder I posted above, copy my GPU entries in the Devices/Properties section of Clover. I have no issues with connecting HDMI monitors or anything else display related. The USBPorts.kext I made also solves any webcam/bluetooth/USB3 issues as mentioned further up in the thread.

I've since switched to mackbookpro11,5 SMBIOS and have a fully functional laptop running 10.15.4, only issue I have is that CPU drops to 800mhz frequency after wake when not connected to AC, but the more I dig into it, the more I think it's BIOS and not OSX related.

Hi Petros, I tryed copying your GPU records to my clover config but doesn´t works, also tryed replace my EFI files with yours but these causes a kernel panic. I need explain to I had a Mojave 10.14.6 Installation runs.

After these test, I've donwloaded Catalina.
I installed normaly with your EFI files, and I realy impresed, It's fabulous the stable and performance that this installation with you files provide me, almost things works, only wifi, and webcam not. Because the issue that you says about CPU drops to 800 mhz after wake in DC not occours with me.

The wifi issue I've resolved with a TP-Link Archer T2U Nano that cost me 8 dlls.

I be a software developer and I can run Visual Studio, Xcode and other tools with iphone emulator run fine and smothly.

I've backedup you files in a couple of HDD because are solid gold for me.

A lot of thanks!!!!

Evening good people, I am currently on Catalina 10.15.5 and my system is 99% working just my HDMI sound is mute. My av receiver is detected and on my tv the resolution is perfect, but with no sound output at all. I think now is the time to ask for help.

Evening good people, I am currently on Catalina 10.15.5 and my system is 99% working just my HDMI sound is mute. My av receiver is detected and on my tv the resolution is perfect, but with no sound output at all. I think now is the time to ask for help.
If you used my EFI folder, I've disabled HDMI audio out in order to solve a headphone audio issue I was having. Check Devices/Properties in Clover, if you have a No-hda-gfx key, remove it.

Hi Petros, I tryed copying your GPU records to my clover config but doesn´t works, also tryed replace my EFI files with yours but these causes a kernel panic. I need explain to I had a Mojave 10.14.6 Installation runs.

After these test, I've donwloaded Catalina.
I installed normaly with your EFI files, and I realy impresed, It's fabulous the stable and performance that this installation with you files provide me, almost things works, only wifi, and webcam not. Because the issue that you says about CPU drops to 800 mhz after wake in DC not occours with me.

The wifi issue I've resolved with a TP-Link Archer T2U Nano that cost me 8 dlls.

I be a software developer and I can run Visual Studio, Xcode and other tools with iphone emulator run fine and smothly.

I've backedup you files in a couple of HDD because are solid gold for me.

A lot of thanks!!!!

Cool, happy to see it works for you. I had a couple of xcpm patch entries for Mojave that I removed for Catalina as they were not needed anymore, hence your kernel panic.

Check your headphone out jack, does it work properly? Even after sleep/wake?

Curious why your webcam doesn't work. Can you do a delete/reload usb tree in Hackintool and post a screen grab?

My CPU issue is BIOS or possibly(and very unfortunately) motherboard related, not OSX.

I need EFI for Catalina 10.15.5. Anyone gives me please. Thank you

Thanks very much. Your EFI work for me.
My headphone suffer from infinite noise. I tried a few manuals of CodecCommander but it didn't work.
And a few days ago my webcam still working, and now it not work, and i don't know why.

And I have a question, which SMBIOS configuration are you using? In your EFI it is blank, on my pc it shows MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

I used 11,1 SMBIOS with the EFI I posted, switched to 11,5 since and the system is overall more stable, I don't remember what else I changed and won't be near my laptop for another 2 weeks but when I do I'll post my new EFI.

I'm using a patch for the headphones that I found recently and it works always, after wake included. Can't for the life of me remember where I found it so you'll have to wait for that as well.

I also HIGHLY recommend you use voltageshift to undervolt your CPU/GPU, I'm getting both longer battery time and faster laptop as the CPU throttles later. If I remember correctly I'm doing -50/-70mv but you should test with your cpu as they are all different.

Yes. I look forward your new EFI. And i will try voltageshift as you recommend. Thanks so muck :)

Here's my 11,5 EFI folder and alc patch attached, have fun! I keep CodecCommander.kext in L/E

Attachments

• alc_fix.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 205
  • EFI.zip
    18.7 MB · Views: 324
Hi!
I have used your provided EFI, everything seems to work perfectly and smoother.
Headphone sound works well, my camera is also working again.
The only thing is that my HDMI port is not working. With your previous EFI, HDMI still works fine. Do you have a solution to this problem?
Thank you very much <3

Bummer about the HDMI, I hadn't noticed and just saw that I have the same issue, I have no clue as to why it happened as I don't really remember how many changes I did when I switched from 11,1 to 11,5, I hardly ever keep track of them in both my hacks. I need HDMI as well but have 0 time to spare for the following month at least. Try to figure it out, start a new thread if necessary. Could it be that the new system definition doesn't like the frame buffer settings of hd4600? Maybe the newer versions of WG/Lilu I have in 11,5 cause a conflict? Cross-check the 2 config.plist versions for any other changes as well.

Post your results/possible solution here for everyone else including myself to see.

Thanks!

Here's my 11,5 EFI folder and alc patch attached, have fun! I keep CodecCommander.kext in L/E
thanks for your contribution btw. i quit using mac os on the laptop a couple months ago due to the need of windows

but again i wil dive into the big sur stuff once everything settles and kexts get updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back