Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Latitude E5470 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true might have helped.
nope, didn't work

would a different ProductName identiifer change anything? (Using MacbookAir6,2 right now)

nope, didn't work

Yeah, if the SMBIOS data provided by the OEM is inaccurate or confusing to Clover, then Trust doesn't help. And with Trust=false, Clover tries to read the data directly, but I think DDR4 detection is not bug free (although I thought I saw some Clover commits for it).

would a different ProductName identiifer change anything? (Using MacbookAir6,2 right now)

Probably not.

been busy for a while, haven't had that much time

going back to touchpad

device is an Alps GlidePoint/Touchpad
ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0xba 0x2f

looks like this device almost conforms to protocol v3 (but not quite), so we gave it v5 protocol
https://github.com/bgamari/linux/commit/1527416a726b823225f97c4d733dcdd9df7f50d6.patch

going to build bpedman's version of OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller (since he updates ALPs more)
https://github.com/bpedman/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/tree/master/VoodooPS2Trackpad

cursory look, seems like it supports v5 protocol

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2545-new-touchpad-driver-for-e6520-alps/page-44
these guys have been struggling to get it work on their E6520 (uses same ID, different EC)

what's the difference between ID and EC? sub-device-id?

Looks like I'm the only person who's using this laptop model

1) skylake hd530 graphics 0x191b0000
Working better with fakepciid+fakepciid_intel_hd_graphics to get over the assert issue in sklgraphicsgldriver.bundle, no need to delete it.

2) external video ports, after fixes from (1)
Internal LCD(port0)
On laptop, HDMI (port5). VGA unknown
Edock, looking at it from the back, left dvi(port6), right DVI(port5), 2xDP unknown

0+6 boots and works fine extended mode
0+5, unstable, sometimes works extended mode, sometimes not
0+5+6, doesn't work well. Eventually, I can get both 5+6 to work extended, but 0 goes blank and needs reboot before 0 comes back. Display settings show all 3(0+5+6) available in extended mode

Triple Mon(0+5+6) works in Windows. Tried various port5/6 patches, will post a better test result (with ioreg later)

3) WiFi issues with Dell DW1820A/bcm4350

If I boot windows, restart to osx..... or
Boot windows, restart to Linux, both cases wifi works

If I boot Linux, restart to osx.... or
Boot osx, restart to Linux, both cases WiFi doesn't come up

When device goes to sleep(osx/Linux), WiFi breaks after wake (even though it was working before)

Tried OSI patches. Might try to fix it in Linux first. Maybe patching physical pins, or perhaps some issues with loading firmware to device at boot?

4) smbios

Macbook9,1 gives KP
Using iMac17,1, but it blocks external video ports from working, requires patching applegraphicsdevicepolicy.kext( will xclea up and update later)

5) sound- works majority of time, rarely boots and sound is grayed out

6) touchpad, fn keys, sd card slot, sleep
No updates
Don't think there's anything major left

Priority
1) get external triple monitor working (could be difficult, given limited native skylake driver support)
2)wifi(tempted to just get a DW1560)
3)touchpad(need ?new? Alps kext)
4) sd card(difficult, need new kext)

Last edited:
port7 = VGA port on laptop

Need to purchase a displayport adapter to test it

actually got extended triple monitor (YAY!) to work under two different modes
internal(port0)+VGA(laptop port7)+HDMI(laptop port5)
internal(port0)+edock dvi(port6)+edock dvi(port5)

most consistent way:
Boot with internal(port0) + edock dvi(port6), extended mode
Use DisableMonitor to disable internal(port0)
Plug in edock dvi(port5), then all 3 displays will show up in extended mode. some occasional flickering on port6

won't work if I boot with all ports plugged in, or if I don't disable port0 before plugging in port5

Didn't put any kext patches (removed the port5/6/7 DP->DVI patches, removed 19120000-4-port patch. don't think most of those patches apply for the HD530 0x191b)

got my active DP->single-link DVI adapter

on the dock, each of the two DP connectors are directly below each of the DVI connectors (the top DVI shares same port # as bottom DP)

I am able to get triple display connected (even during boot up), seems stable for now with no flickering
internal(port0) + edock dp (port 5) + edock dvi (port6)

so to recap:
port0 = internal display
port5 = laptop HDMI, or edock DVI/DP (right, when looking at it from the back) -> DP is most stable, HDMI/DVI is unstable
port6 = edock DVI/DP (left), stable&works
port7 = laptop VGA, or edock VGA, stable&works

port0 + port 5(DP) + port6 (DVI/DP) is most stable for working triple independent extended screen

Last edited:
Priority
1) get external triple monitor working (could be difficult, given limited native skylake driver support)
seems to be working now with a DP adapter
2)wifi(tempted to just get a DW1560) - Need more testing with the DW1820A, probably going to order DW1560 soon
3)touchpad(need ?new? Alps kext) - If you press left+middle button, OS X treats it as left button and allows you to select+highlight via touchpad. still need better kext for this
4) sd card(difficult, need new kext)

looks like this is almost working 100%, just 2.5 items to look at above

minor items, not looking at these because there are workarounds/I don't use it
1) FN Keys
2) HDMI audio (HDMI uses port5 which is unstable. not going to test it)

Just wondering how this process is going. I have an identical model that I would like to attempt this with.

Just wondering how this process is going. I have an identical model that I would like to attempt this with.
first post contains detailed info about what's working/not working/half way

it's hidden under the "Laptop specs" quote. Can't seem to modify my OP. steps are still valid and contains all necessary changes (clover, dsdt/ssdt/kexts etc)

Using iMac17,1 though, but I don't think it makes a huge difference

anyways, it's a daily driver

SDXC slot not working
touchpad semi working (scroll not smooth, need left+middle to simulate left click)
wifi DW1820 buggy(replace this with DW1560)
fingerprint/smartcard/fn keys, don't care
sleep still slightly buggy
no issues with graphics now, can do triple monitor with dock

you'll probably have a different BIOS version, you need to follow the steps of finding DVMT pre-alloc (it may be different from my 0x432 hex value) and setting it to 96MB.

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks for the information. I need to get my desktop working with Yosemite, for some reason it's not booting anymore. Been a long time since I worked in the Hackintosh world. I assume the USB Creation with Clover cannot be done in a VM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back