Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron i5559 on MacOS Sierra GM

Was this guide helpful for you? I'd love to know.

• Not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tested some more today. If I let the laptop stay on and let it go to sleep on it's own, I still getting blank screen and not able to wake. Keyboard lights up but I can't get screen to come back on. Have to force shut down.

Attached are reporting files.

You should disable the Radeon.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Note: Also implies you should be patching ACPI properly...

Also, please fix your profile. As per FAQ, laptop details go to main profile, not signature. And must include both graphics devices (currently, your signature implies you have only HD620, but your misc/preboot.log proves otherwise).

You should disable the Radeon.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Note: Also implies you should be patching ACPI properly...

Also, please fix your profile. As per FAQ, laptop details go to main profile, not signature. And must include both graphics devices (currently, your signature implies you have only HD620, but your misc/preboot.log proves otherwise).
Thanks RehabMan.

Oh boy, I thought I had disabled the Radeon graphics card and was patching my ACPI correctly. I though the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof was doing that. Sigh. I will go back through and look at the guide you linked to again.

The details in my profile are of my main rig which is my desktop. I have changed them to reflect those of the laptop I am currently trying to get working properly.

Thanks RehabMan.

Oh boy, I thought I had disabled the Radeon graphics card and was patching my ACPI correctly. I though the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof was doing that. Sigh. I will go back through and look at the guide you linked to again.

SSDT-DiscreteSpoof does not disable the device, it only disables the drivers.

The details in my profile are of my main rig which is my desktop. I have changed them to reflect those of the laptop I am currently trying to get working properly.

Still missing screen resolution.
And the redundant information needs to be removed from the signature.

Hi,

Will this guide also work on the Dell Inspiron 15 N5050? Or what other guide do you recommend?

Intel Core i3-2350M
3 GB RAM

Inspiron N5050 : Standard Base 1 N11N5502
Processor : Intel Core i3-2330M (2.2Ghz, 3M cache)
Display : 15.6in High Definition (1366X768) WLED
Memory : 3072MB (1x2048 + 1x1024) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
Hard Drive : 320GB Serial ATA (5400RPM)
Optical Drive : 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
Power Supply : Inspiron 65W AC Adapter 1 Battery : Primary 6-cell 48W/HR LI-ION 1 Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 3000 1 Wireless : Europe Dell Wireless 802.11g/n + Bluetooth v3.0+HS Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back