Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron i5559 on MacOS Sierra GM

Was this guide helpful for you? I'd love to know.

• Not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried AppleHDA. I tried appleHDA pathcher too, but without success.

I tried AppleHDA. I tried appleHDA pathcher too, but without success.

No ideas without the PR files that represent such attempts.

I have a question about wifi/bluetooth NGFF(M.2) cards. Most of the guides seem to point to the BCM94352Z (DW1560) card but many have issues with Windows. Another card that is mentioned (which I believe is newer) is the BCM94350ZAE (DW1802A).

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to which one of these is better? Or more native? Or works with both macOS and Windows 10?

I have a question about wifi/bluetooth NGFF(M.2) cards. Most of the guides seem to point to the BCM94352Z (DW1560) card but many have issues with Windows. Another card that is mentioned (which I believe is newer) is the BCM94350ZAE (DW1802A).

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to which one of these is better? Or more native? Or works with both macOS and Windows 10?

BCM94350ZAE is more native, but tends to have more issues than BCM94325Z.

Got my card, installed, and followed guide and now I have perfectly working wifi! So far I have no issues in Windows 10 but I don't boot into that OS a lot.

Thank you all for your great input.

Everything seems to be working perfectly on my laptop now except for sleep/wake from sleep. I believe I have followed all the relevant guides to set up my laptop but admittedly there are a lot of guides and settings o_O

If I let the computer go to sleep or close the cover or initiate sleep, The keys will light up but the screen stays black. The only way I can move forward is force shutdown and restart.

I have attached a zip with all reporting files (complied with black.dragon74's script).

Can anyone help?

EDIT 09-25 12:22am:
1) I deleted OsxAptioFix3Drv
2) Installed AptioMemoryFix
3) Turned on RtcHibernateAwake
4) Turned off AppleRTC

Now I can close cover, open it and get a sign-in screen. I can select sleep and the screen sleeps but the keyboard stays lit.

Attachments

• debug_26614.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Now I can close cover, open it and get a sign-in screen. I can select sleep and the screen sleeps but the keyboard stays lit.

Keep in mind sleep is delayed by at least 15 seconds. Longer if there are assertions to clear.

Tested some more today. If I let the laptop stay on and let it go to sleep on it's own, I still getting blank screen and not able to wake. Keyboard lights up but I can't get screen to come back on. Have to force shut down.

Attached are reporting files.

Attachments

• debug_21072.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back