Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron i5559 on MacOS Sierra GM

Was this guide helpful for you? I'd love to know.

• Not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great tutorial worked awesome!

However I just got my BCM94352Z card. I installed it and used the latest FakePCIID.kext and the FakePCII Broadcom kext as well. Wifi showed up and I connected perfectly for about 4 mins and then computer completely froze. I removed both FakePCII kexts and the system works without wifi. Has anyone ever encountered this? I can't seem to get wifi working!!!! Arrggghgg.
Thanks in advance

Did you forget to re-extract/re-patch ACPI after changing hardware?

Did you forget to re-extract/re-patch ACPI after changing hardware?

I was unaware of having to do that! I'm not the swellest at this hacking world... where would be the best place to see how to do that? Thanks for your help

hi my name is Michael I finally got my Hackintosh setup on my Dell Inspiron 15 5559 with graphics working bluetooth etc. but the only problem I have is connecting to the App Store I can't find a kext for my computer and I tried Null-Ethernet, it works but it doesn't work I don't know what to do at this point any help? And another thing I'm trying to get to work is my camera it shows a black screen.
Thx.

hi my name is Michael I finally got my Hackintosh setup on my Dell Inspiron 15 5559 with graphics working bluetooth etc. but the only problem I have is connecting to the App Store I can't find a kext for my computer and I tried Null-Ethernet, it works but it doesn't work I don't know what to do at this point any help? And another thing I'm trying to get to work is my camera it shows a black screen.
Thx.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi, this was my first Hackintosh and I manage to install successfully after few days of torture :D
I had graphics glitch on the top left corner, but it was fixed with the update to 10.12.6.
The only thing that is not working properly is audio. I have two same laptops.
On Hackintosh audio volume is very low, without bass, and like with underwater effect :)
On another laptop with Windows and Linux audio is normal.
I tried with every Realtek/Universal voodoo driver, but without success.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 131
Only headphones output is a problem. Speaker works normally.
But when I mute one channel, a sound is ok but mono, not stereo.
I don't know if this is Hackintosh related problem or laptop headphone jack is bad.
Screenshot at Feb 26 16-21-13.png

Only headphones output is a problem. Speaker works normally.
But when I mute one channel, a sound is ok but mono, not stereo.
I don't know if this is Hackintosh related problem or laptop headphone jack is bad.
View attachment 316128

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I hope it's ok now.

Attachments

• debug_28110.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back