Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 Mojave Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:20190522
  • Re-generate DSDT for BIOS version 1.10.0
    (Also kept DSDT for version 1.8.0)
New CLOVER archive has uploaded at #1.
So do I replace the DSDT first then update the BIOS through windows? Everything should work fine

Is that right?

is it necessary to update BIOS?
The BIOS included security fix about CPU security loophole, so suggest to do update.

So do I replace the DSDT first then update the BIOS through windows? Everything should work fine

Is that right?
You can put it into CLOVER first, boot into Windows to do BIOS update, then go back to OS X.
If you forgot, using DSDT version for 1.8.0 BIOS after update is acceptable. (I tested.)
But it's hard to say in the future release.

Hello everyone, I am currently running the macOS 10.13.6 on my machine and I want to install the Mojave in it. But I am not able to boot the installer, neither with my current clover setup or the new one provided by missle0407 for Mojave.

I am using the bios 1.10.0 but I tried to install the mojave in the previous bios versions and the results was the same.

In the attach is the clover that I use to boot the 10.13.6.

Attachments

• debug_1514.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 102
Hello everyone, I am currently running the macOS 10.13.6 on my machine and I want to install the Mojave in it. But I am not able to boot the installer, neither with my current clover setup or the new one provided by missle0407 for Mojave.

I am using the bios 1.10.0 but I tried to install the mojave in the previous bios versions and the results was the same.

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Sorry, updated.

Please boot with verbose mode and enable "Don't reboot when panic", and see what happen.
Also, have you done BIOS hot-patch or not?

I figured out that I not finished the bios hot patch when I tried before, I do the hot patch now and I can boot and install the Mojave, thanks a lot man.

Anyone Tried installing Mac OS 10.15 beta?

UPDATE:20190725

OS X 10.14.6 upgrade (18G84)

Tried 10.14.6 direct upgrade. No issue found during and after installation.
Note: If the trackpad can't use after upgrade, please update VoodooI2C to latest version.

CLOVER archive update
  • Update CLOVER to r4961
  • Update Lilu to 1.3.7
  • Update Whatevergreen to 1.3.0
  • Update VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID to 2.2
New archive has uploaded at #1.

Last edited:
UPDATE:20190725

OS X 10.14.6 upgrade (18G84)

Tried 10.14.6 direct upgrade. No issue found during and after installation.
Note: If the trackpad can't use after upgrade, please update VoodooI2C to latest version.

CLOVER archive update
  • Update CLOVER to r4961
  • Update Lilu to 1.3.7
  • Update Whatevergreen to 1.3.0
  • Update VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID to 2.2
New archive has uploaded at #1.

my trackpad worked perfectly on Mojave version 10.14.5 with the most complex gestures, using kext voodooi2c and satellite HID. But after upgrading to version 10.14.6 they just don't work. I've tried everything, put them directly in the clover folder, reinstalled in S / L / E. I used Sudo kextcache -i /
In terminal, I used the KCPM Utility app to repair the permitions and cache. Nothing works. Just the trackpad with basic gestures now with ps2controller kext. Does anyone know what I can do. My laptop is a Dell 7275 i7 8550u very similar to 7560. Oh I can't update clover bootloader in clover configurator just says that the server isn't available after check my version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back