Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 Mojave Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Your guide is excellent.
I have uncreased my Dmvt pre alloc using Bios Hot Patch. Also i've built the installer.
For the EFI Partition should i just copy your entire cover zip into it?

Hi, Your guide is excellent.
I have uncreased my Dmvt pre alloc using Bios Hot Patch. Also i've built the installer.
For the EFI Partition should i just copy your entire cover zip into it?
Yes.
But suggest install CLOVER first, then copy driver64UEFI, kext, DSDTs, and config.plist into USB.

Ok ill try this. The thing is i am not able to make my trackpad recognize.
Copying your kexts and dsdt patches should normally just make it work right?

The pointer works. Just that it recognizes as a mouse not as trackpad. The trackpad section in preference shows up blank

Ok ill try this. The thing is i am not able to make my trackpad recognize.
Copying your kexts and dsdt patches should normally just make it work right?

The pointer works. Just that it recognizes as a mouse not as trackpad. The trackpad section in preference shows up blank
Yes. Because I2C trackpad needs DSDT patch to make it work.

Sorry, but I have no idea about microphone now because it working on my configuration.

For FaceTime and iMessage works, you have to create your own SMBIOS.
Pls search the tutorial on this forum.
Changing the layout ID to 28 in Config.plist showing internal microphone in the settings but still not working
do I have to change the layout anywhere else? Like SSDT-ALC256?

Changing the layout ID to 28 in Config.plist showing internal microphone in the settings but still not working
do I have to change the layout anywhere else? Like SSDT-ALC256?
IME, SSDT-ALC256 doesn't contain any layout-id information.
It just a configuration about telling CodecCommander what variable will going to use for this audio with selected layout-id.

If you want to test layout-id, I suggest delete CodecCommander and SSDT-ALC256 first.

IME, SSDT-ALC256 doesn't contain any layout-id information.
It just a configuration about telling CodecCommander what variable will going to use for this audio with selected layout-id.

If you want to test layout-id, I suggest delete CodecCommander and SSDT-ALC256 first.
OK I will try it but what about CodecCommander do I have to edit that to add ALC256 in it?

Last edited:
OK I will try it but what about CodecCommander do I have to edit that to add ALC256 in it?
As I said above, ALC256 configuration has already written in SSDT-ALC256.
CodecCommander will adjust automatically based on SSDT-ALC256.

I'm having random reboot, it never happened before, just started from last night only.
I'm attaching my debug zip can you (@missile0407 ) take a look at it

Attachments

• debug_4625.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
I'm having random reboot, it never happened before, just started from last night only.
I'm attaching my debug zip can you (@missile0407 ) take a look at it
Seems like no wrong with ur configuration, perhaps it's hardware issue.

But I found that you may using the patched IO80211Family.kext
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f811f138a20 [0x7fffa31888f0]> { URL = "IO80211Family.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family" }
Try find the vanilla one and install back to /S/L/E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back