Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 Mojave Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. It's hard to say how long can use for battery life first. Depends on how you use it.
Also, it can't be a promise because it's "Hacintosh". That means battery life can't be promise just like a same in Windows, or even native Macintosh.
Yeah, this may be true. But since you are using this specific device with OS X installed, you can probably tell me how long the battery lasts on this device on just a normal usage.

I think it is very difficult to say to "just give it a shot". I mean if I would already obtain a laptop, I could probably try it out. But I am defenitely not spending a lot of money on a laptop for using it with hackintosh, just to find out its not working.

Yeah, this may be true. But since you are using this specific device with OS X installed, you can probably tell me how long the battery lasts on this device on just a normal usage.

I think it is very difficult to say to "just give it a shot". I mean if I would already obtain a laptop, I could probably try it out. But I am defenitely not spending a lot of money on a laptop for using it with hackintosh, just to find out its not working.
For me, it can stand about 2 hours and little longer when I'm using with battery only.

And yes I understand what you mean. I believe 7570 and 7580 are the similar hardware architecture except CPU and GPU as 7560. So it may as easy as possible to install. But still need to investigate because all I thought is just guess work.

For me, it can stand about 2 hours and little longer when I'm using with battery only.

And yes I understand what you mean. I believe 7570 and 7580 are the similar hardware architecture except CPU and GPU as 7560. So it may as easy as possible to install. But still need to investigate because all I thought is just guess work.
yeah, I think Ill search for one that is well guided. Still need to research the type of laptop that fits the best to me. I will be mainly using it for developing games and coding in general.
2 hours seems very bad for a laptop. Especially when the initial battery time is 6 hours.

yeah, I think Ill search for one that is well guided. Still need to research the type of laptop that fits the best to me. I will be mainly using it for developing games and coding in general.
2 hours seems very bad for a laptop. Especially when the initial battery time is 6 hours.
Honestly, the battery time is little close when I'm using 7560 in Windows 10.
And I think the battery quality is not so well because I just replace a new one when I got this laptop a year.
The battery was totally inflated when tear it down.

Last edited:
Honestly, the battery time is little close when I'm using 7560 in Windows 10.
And I think the battery quality is not so well because I just replace a new one when I got this laptop a year.
The battery was totally inflated when tear it down.
Yeah - I am still researching, but one choice that I am very into right now is the Lenovo Yoga 730. According to guides, you need to swap the WiFi-card to make it work in hackintosh, but elsewise it should work pretty nice ( ). The battery life seems great and it is a convertible, the touch even still "works" in OS X, according to what i have read. Well i just think that 15,6" is maybe too big for portability, but this model (the 15") has a NVIDIA 10 Series GPU. The 13" version just has a crappy INTEL UHD GPU which I think is not quite suitable of what I am doing.

Last edited:
Update: 20190326 (Mac OS X 10.14.4 upgrade)
  • Update CLOVER version to r4862
  • Update Lilu to 1.3.5
  • Update Whatevergreen to 1.2.7
  • Update RealtekRTL8111 to 2.2.2
  • Add config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/enable-hdmi20=01000000 (data)
    This option can let HDMI to support external monitor which the resolution larger than FHD.
    Already tested on WQHD (2560x1440) monitor and it works fine.
And there's few things you may have to know:
  1. Since RehabMan didn't release a newer CLOVER, I changed to using r4862 community because I got stuck when try to boot into installer under r4701-RM.
  2. Make sure you already update kexts to latest both on system and CLOVER first before upgrade. Especially Lilu and Whatevergreen.
New CLOVER archive has uploaded at #1.

Update: 20190326 (Mac OS X 10.14.4 upgrade)
  • Update CLOVER version to r4862
  • Update Lilu to 1.3.5
  • Update Whatevergreen to 1.2.7
  • Update RealtekRTL8111 to 2.2.2
  • Add config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/enable-hdmi20=01000000 (data)
    This option can let HDMI to support external monitor which the resolution larger than FHD.
    Already tested on WQHD (2560x1440) monitor and it works fine.
And there's few things you may have to know:
  1. Since RehabMan didn't release a newer CLOVER, I changed to using r4862 community because I got stuck when try to boot into installer under r4701-RM.
  2. Make sure you already update kexts to latest both on system and CLOVER first before upgrade. Especially Lilu and Whatevergreen.
New CLOVER archive has uploaded at #1.
Hi Missile0407! I am trying to update my hackintosh folowing your steps but no way...
after to restart my notebook appear the apple logo and the bar loading just 5% and my notbook restart again..
I also tried to create another pendrive to install the last mojave version 10.14.4, but no way... do you know what can i do to fix it?
Now I am using the 10.14.0 version.
My notebook is the same you..
Thank you my friend!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 19.01.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 19.01.32.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 72
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 19.02.23.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 19.02.23.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 83
Hi Missile0407! I am trying to update my hackintosh folowing your steps but no way...
after to restart my notebook appear the apple logo and the bar loading just 5% and my notbook restart again..
I also tried to create another pendrive to install the last mojave version 10.14.4, but no way... do you know what can i do to fix it?
Thank you my friend!
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also you have to try boot with "verborse mode" and "Don't reboot when panic" options.
And see what's going on when booting.

Thank you my friend!
The loading bar sta
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also you have to try boot with "verborse mode" and "Don't reboot when panic" options.
And see what's going on when booting.
how to boot with VERBOSE MODE? could you explain? i never did it before..

The loading bar sta

how to boot with VERBOSE MODE? could you explain? i never did it before..
Do you know what is more easy to do? update or create a new bootable pendrive with 10.14.4 version? I´m creating a new bootable pendrive here too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back