Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 Mojave Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, use this tool to generate "Problem Reporting" files.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/
This tool will dump your CLOVER files and system logs.

But before you use this tool, make sure you already done below things:
  1. Press F2 and F4 button when in CLOVER boot menu.
  2. Download IORegistryExplorer.app and copy to /Application.
    The application can be found in this topic.
[/CITAR]
See if this is what you want.

Attachments

• debug_28438.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
Please try to use Ketanr's CLOVER archive at #296.
Remember to read my post at #1 first before using my archive.

Also there's few things you need to notice.
  1. Your PR files is incomplete (probably you forgot to install IORegistryExplorer.)
  2. You kextcache_log.txt shows you didn't install required kexts into /Library/Extensions.
    Please follow the guide at #1 to get and install required kexts.

Please try to use Ketanr's CLOVER archive at #296.
Remember to read my post at #1 first before using my archive.

Also there's few things you need to notice.
  1. Your PR files is incomplete (probably you forgot to install IORegistryExplorer.)
  2. You kextcache_log.txt shows you didn't install required kexts into /Library/Extensions.
    Please follow the guide at #1 to get and install required kexts.
I already have the IORegistryExplorer installed.
Is it just me to download this clover from # 296 and you're done?

Could you tell me what kexts I still need? I think there are few things left.

I do not understand much of hackintosh, could you help me using some remote access program?

I already have the IORegistryExplorer installed.
Is it just me to download this clover from # 296 and you're done?

Could you tell me what kexts I still need? I think there are few things left.

I do not understand much of hackintosh, could you help me using some remote access program?
Yes. Using the clover file from #296. That CLOVER is using for model 7560 which contains i5 CPU.
And the kexts you need has already listed at #1 post.

Update: Mac OS X 10.14.3 upgrade

No issue found in current configuration during and after upgrade installation.

Update: Mac OS X 10.14.3 upgrade

No issue found in current configuration during and after upgrade installation.

I'm having random reboots mostly after i use laptop after i wake it from sleep. Can you please take a look at log.

Attachments

• debug_136 2.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
I'm having random reboots mostly after i use laptop after i wake it from sleep. Can you please take a look at log.
Seems like you didn't disable the hibernate function.
Try to disable it since hibernation is not support on Hacintosh.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Also try to add "debug=0x100" in boot flag and see what happen when panic.

BTW, you can change "brcmfx-country=" with your country code at boot flag.
This will set WiFi channel to fit your country's policy.

Update: 20190211

• OS X: Mac OS X 10.14.3 Supplemental Update
    No issue found in current configuration during and after update installation.

• CLOVER archive update:
    • Update Lilu to 1.3.3
    • Add kernel patches to ignore panic logging at config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelToPatch
New CLOVER archive has uploaded at #1.

Last edited:
Hey @missile0407 , I have several questions to you. At first, how long does the battery life last? On the article description it says up to 6 hours, isnt that probably an optimized number? Because I am searching a hackintosh with decent battery life, since I will use it when Im out, at home I have my normal PC. Secondly, do you think, this Hackintosh would also work on DELL Inspiron 15 7570? Because you can hardly get the 7560 on normal shopping pages.

Cheers

Hey @missile0407 , I have several questions to you. At first, how long does the battery life last? On the article description it says up to 6 hours, isnt that probably an optimized number? Because I am searching a hackintosh with decent battery life, since I will use it when Im out, at home I have my normal PC. Secondly, do you think, this Hackintosh would also work on DELL Inspiron 15 7570? Because you can hardly get the 7560 on normal shopping pages.

Cheers
1. It's hard to say how long can use for battery life first. Depends on how you use it.
Also, it can't be a promise because it's "Hacintosh". That means battery life can't be promise just like a same in Windows, or even native Macintosh.

2. Perhaps it can work, but 7570 is totally different CPU and Graphic. So it still need a lot of settings need to adjust.
But I don't have 7570. So I suggest you give a shot on it. Trying to adjust by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back