- May 13, 2011
- DELL Inspiron 7560-1.3.0-CLOVER
- i7 7500U
- HD 620 / GTX 940MX, 1920x1080
- Mobile Phone
Finally I got a time to try 'fresh' install on my laptop and it seems like everything works well.
Only few difference between High Sierra installation. So the general information like spec, note before install, etc, please follow my installation guide for High Sierra from here.
- Full QE/CI for Intel HD620 (NVIDIA GPU will be disabled.)
- SATA info
- WIFI & Bluetooth (using DW1560)
- Battery info
- Laptop Display
- HDMI video/audio output
- Audio works with speaker / 3.5mm audio jack
- Keyboard / Trackpad / USB Mouse
- Dual boot with Win10 (but in separate disk)
- Brightness (with hotkey control)
- CPU Power Management
- Heat sink fan (here means fan will not always stayed in low speed or no spin.)
- SD Card reader
- Not found yet.
If you going to use my CLOVER archive, make sure these things you already done:
- BIOS already upgraded to version 1.7.0+
- Already increased DVMT pre-allocated size to 64MB by doing BIOS hot-patch.
- There're 2 files that from previous release putting in 'Previous Files' folder inside archive.
- config(for 0x5916).plist is a CLOVER file that using 0x5916 as graphic ID. Default is 0x591B
- DSDT(for BIOS XXX).aml is a DSDT file fits the user who stayed at the old BIOS version. But note that it starts at version 1.7.0
If you still not like to do this, please make sure you already edit below settings in config.plist
- config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/framebuffer-stolenmem=00003001 (data)
- config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/framebuffer-fbmem=00009000 (data)
Install OS X：
Just follow the guide about how to build Mojave installation USB drive. And remember using the CLOVER which built by RehabMan.
The kexts you going to use at this time will be:
FakeSMC Lilu RealtekRTL8111 SATA-unsupported USBInjectAll VoodooI2C VoodooI2CHID VoodooPS2Controller WhateverGreen
Same as before, you can follow my CLOVER archive.
After USB preparation, boot from USB, and choose file system type you wanna use.
This time I use APFS instead of HFS+. It's really hard since there's no way to avoid APFS conversion during installation that if you wanna keep using HFS+. You can follow the other guide which convert back to HFS+ at post installation, if you still want to.
After installation, install CLOVER into system partition, and copy CLOVER files into system EFI.
Then prepare and install below kexts by using KextBeast.
(Note that you have to install them into /L/E, not /S/L/E.)
ACPIBatteryManager AirportBrcmFixup AppleALC AppleBacklightFixup BrcmFirmwareRepo BrcmPatchRAM2 CodecCommander FakeSMC (and its child kexts if you needed.) Lilu RealtekRTL8111 SATA-unsupported USBInjectAll VoodooI2C VoodooI2CHID VoodooPS2Controller WhateverGreen
Note that you have to use the latest kexts.
After that, all things are ready. Just like a same laptop as High Sierra.
Easy to install.
- If you want to try non-patch native power management or HWP feature, you can follow the guide. But note that this method is experimental and no necessary without any reason.