Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 Catalina Installation (Discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am using Clover right now with Catalina 10.15.7, I tried to use this EFI with the Open Core, but it is freezing on the Apple logo before the loading bar appears.

What more I need to do to migrate from Clover to Open Core?
Try to reset NVRAM first. You need to add some timeout time and ShowPicker to Yes. And boot with -v (NVRAM - Add - 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 - boot-args - -v) to see where is your problem. Don't forget to update your system information under PlatformInfo - SMBIOS).
This is my last EFI. It is working fine for me.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 87
I added the -v, and looks like some patches of I2C are not being found.

IMG-3037.JPG

Those Coolstar patches are not ACPI patches. You can disable them on config.plist but I don't think that is your problem. Have you changed MacModel?
Please post your EFI

Here it is the EFI.

I was able to remove the not found errors but it still freezes, I suspect that the problem is related to the wifi board since I am using the DW1560, I tried to make some changes and add some bcrmrampatch and other things that people suggested but it continues the same way.

I think the line that show the error is third last one on the previous image.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 79
hes are not ACPI patches. You can disable them on config.plist but I don't think that is your problem. Have you changed MacModel?
Here it is the EFI.

I was able to remove the not found errors but it still freezes, I suspect that the problem is related to the wifi board since I am using the DW1560, I tried to make some changes and add some bcrmrampatch and other things that people suggested but it continues the same way.

I think the line that show the error is third last one on the previous image.
What is your processor? 7500U?
I think SMBIOS Dictionary should not be on PlatformInfo.
SystemUUID is different on SMBIOS Dictionary
You have changed SystemProductName to MacBookPro14,2.

Attachments

• OC 0.6.5.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 93
Yeah, I made some changes but still doesn't work. I give up, I'm going to stay with the Catalina for now and try again later.

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

here's my EFI that I'm using with Big Sur if anyone wants to try

@EmersonBC

maybe this will work for you

@arcspider

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back