Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 Catalina Installation (Discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone successful with transferring to OpenCore / updating config to clover 5123+ ?
I have kp when I try to update :/ and tried to rewrite config file but there's still kp.
check out the guide in my signature

16041897505066979600952402657640.jpg
20201101_054231.jpg
A bit of help please... i have the same laptop as you, in the mojave post another guy had the same problem but you replied saying the cause is 32mb of DVMT pre-allocated memory.. but m have 128mb of it and still having the same problem ig.. help me out please?.. Thank you in advance <3

Hi, i am uploading my last updated EFI of Dell 7560. I used Opencore 0.6.3 and it is Catalina and BigSur ready.
I don´t want to make a thread on BigSur Laptop Guide. Fell free to do that, modify this work or add more features.

Attachments

• DELL 7560 OC 0.6.3 BIGSUR.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 78
Updated EFI BigSur ready, now with I2C Trackpad working fine for better gestures support.
Sleep-wake is fine and very stable. Cpu power management working great. Brightness keys working.

Attachments

• EFI DELL 7560 I2C TRACKPAD.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 99
Updated EFI BigSur ready, now with I2C Trackpad working fine for better gestures support.
Sleep-wake is fine and very stable. Cpu power management working great. Brightness keys working.
It's working! I tried to modify it using ProperTree as recommended on dortania guide and it broke it, so I guess on my previous attempts it was a mistake to use ProperTree. I have modified your EFI config manually to add AirportBrcmFixup.kext and 3 Brcm kexts and now wifi and bluetooth are working great. Thank you! :)

@edit
Also it's strange that compared to clover build from this thread command (windows key) and option (alt key) are swapped, I wonder how to fix it on OpenCore level (temporary fix is to swap them in keyboard settings)

@edit2
Consider removing ACPIBatteryManager as SMCBatteryManager is enough and acpi can cause problem as it was created for fakesmc not virtualsmc

Last edited:
@edit
Also it's strange that compared to clover build from this thread command (windows key) and option (alt key) are swapped, I wonder how to fix it on OpenCore level (temporary fix is to swap them in keyboard settings)

I don't know why that is. There is no patch that interferes with the use of these keys inserted in the code. The solution I use is the same as you mention.

@edit2
Consider removing ACPIBatteryManager as SMCBatteryManager is enough and acpi can cause problem as it was created for fakesmc not virtualsmc
You are right that SMCBatteryManager is more modern and effective. In fact, both work well, even without using FakeSMC. I forgot to delete the ACPIBatteryManager from that EFI, but it was not enabled in the config after all.
Thank you for watching this.

I don't know why that is. There is no patch that interferes with the use of these keys inserted in the code. The solution I use is the same as you mention.

You are right that SMCBatteryManager is more modern and effective. In fact, both work well, even without using FakeSMC. I forgot to delete the ACPIBatteryManager from that EFI, but it was not enabled in the config after all.
Thank you for watching this.
I will try to find where's the problem with keys, but for now I've updated to Big Sur and it's quite good, but fans are starting more often compared to Catalina, for now I will let Big Sur settle down and report after day or two.
There was problem with wifi when I installed update, but it can be fixed by removing "AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext" from "AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/Plugins/" (don't know if this step is required, but I removed this file anyway) and modifying AirportBrcmFixup.kext loading in OpenCore config.plist (it's required to add AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext before AirportBrcmFixup):
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>x86_64</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string>19.0.0</string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/AirportBrcmFixup</string>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext</string>
            </dict>

Last edited:
I will try to find where's the problem with keys, but for now I've updated to Big Sur and it's quite good, but fans are starting more often compared to Catalina, for now I will let Big Sur settle down and report after day or two.
There was problem with wifi when I installed update, but it can be fixed by removing "AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext" from "AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/Plugins/" (don't know if this step is required, but I removed this file anyway) and modifying AirportBrcmFixup.kext loading in OpenCore config.plist (it's required to add AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext before AirportBrcmFixup):
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>x86_64</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string>19.0.0</string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
            </dict>
            <dict>