Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 Catalina Installation (Discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reusing my post just to inform that:

UPDATE:20200129

OS X 10.15.3

Tried direct upgrade. No issue found during and after installation.

Last edited:
@missile0407 hey bro can you take a look idk it just happened randomly
F0A5BA19-7BE7-4909-A68C-7CA4C628E3F2.jpeg
CFC478D3-8CFA-4545-8FE9-4859FC8373FA.jpeg

Reusing my post just to inform that:

UPDATE:20200129

OS X 10.15.3

Tried direct upgrade. No issue found during and after installation.
Did you tried to update to 10.15.4?

I'm trying, after to download the package, i try to restart and update but no way, I receive the Apple logo in black screen..
Anybody else?

I'm trying, after to download the package, i try to restart and update but no way, I receive the Apple logo in black screen..
Anybody else?
After 10.15.4 we need to use the new LILU.kext and new WhateverGreen.kext
You need to change this kexts on Clover/kexts/other.
If you need to boot first to change files, try to boot using a fake ig-platform-id like: 0x12345678. You can change this on Clover options before boot. This will disable graphics acceleration and alow the boot process.
Other option is to boot using an USB with Clover and new kexts.

After 10.15.4 we need to use the new LILU.kext and new WhateverGreen.kext
You need to change this kexts on Clover/kexts/other.
If you need to boot first to change files, try to boot using a fake ig-platform-id like: 0x12345678. You can change this on Clover options before boot. This will disable graphics acceleration and alow the boot process.
Other option is to boot using an USB with Clover and new kexts.
thank you!
I already tried to do all this steps, only after to update my clover and change my boot flag inserting -disablegfxfirmware i fixed it.
now everything is working as expected!

UPDATE:20200409

OS X 10.15.4

Tried direct upgrade after updating clover, lilu & whatevergreen. No issue found during and after installation.

Did you tried to update to 10.15.4?
yeah, but remember to update kexts before updating to newest version

@FakeSMC->VirtualSMC
no problems after changing to VirtualSMC, also I don't see any benefits from it for now, but as it's being updated and FakeSMC have binary that is 2 years old, I guess VirtualSMC will be the future, here's tutorial in case someone wants to change (remember to make hdd backup before trying):
@Fabrizzioa04 @FriFlo

You can both benefit from the same instructions so here goes:

*** Mini-Guide: How to Replace FakeSMC with VirtualSMC ***
  1. Make a full bootable backup of the current system. This is your insurance.
  2. First we need to remove FakeSMC from 2 places:
    • Place #1: /Library/Extensions folder
      • Use Finder to move FakeSMC.kext and all of the FakeSMC_Sensor*.kext files (should be 5 of them) to your Desktop or Documents or Downloads folder. Just get them out of /Library/Extensions, but save a copy so you can restore them later if needed.
      • The run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache.
    • Place #2: CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
      • Mount EFI Partition of the Mojave SSD using "Mount EFI" option in Clover Configurator (on the left side panel).
      • An "EFI" disk icon will appear. Go to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
      • Move FakeSMC.kext and any FakeSMC_Sensor*.kext files to some location on your Mojave SSD (Desktop, Documents, Downloads).
      • Then open the EFi/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder (or EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI for Clover v4988 or newer) and move SMCHelper.efi to the same location on your Mojave SSD.
  3. Now we need to download VirtualSMC.
    • Download the latest release by clicking here. Specifically, get the file called 1.0.X.RELEASE.zip
    • MacOS should automatically unzip the files into a folder called "1" or "1-1" or something like that.
  4. Install VirtualSMC as follows:
    • Make sure the EFI Partition of Mojave SSD is still mounted (see Step 2, Place #2).
    • Now take a look at the folders and files in the VirtualSMC folder that you just downloaded. It should look like this:
      View attachment 417385
    • Copy the green box item (VirtualSmc.efi) to the CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder (or CLOVER/drivers/UEFI for Clover v4988 and newer).
    • Copy the three red box items to CLOVER/kexts/Other.
    • Also copy the three red box items to /Library/Extensions and then run Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache.
  5. Note that iStat Menus will not currently show all of the fans. It may show at most one. So instead of iStat Menus, please use HWMonitorSMC2. The latest version can always be downloaded from here (the HWSensors3package):
  6. Reboot.
As for additional kexts to VirtualSMC.kext - remove ACPIBatteryManager.kext and install SMCBatteryManager.kext, don't install light sensor as we don't have it, SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO are optional - install them if you want to use HWMonitor

Last edited:
I'm still getting a freeze Apple black screen without progress bar when I'm trying to upgrade to the 10.15.4.

I've already updated the kexts to the latest versions including the Lilu and Whatevergreen, I've already changed to the VirtualSMC, and already upgraded to the latest Clover.

I'm able to boot normally into the 10.15.3, the problem is only when I try to install the 10.15.4

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back