Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 5559 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot for the life of me reattach the cables on the new card. :(
Haha, take it easy man. It honestly isn't that hard, I've probably attached those cable like a 100 times in different computers.

First make sure that you didn't break off any part of the old card, or they could still be stuck inside the cable (which is what happened to me). Then figure out the right angle and press directly from the top, you might have to apply a little more pressure than you think until you hear a click. But seriously, the should go straight in as long as you're holding it up and have them lined up correctly :)

I've confirmed that the card is functioning, albeit with very weak signals.
Glad you got it to work :) I'm not experiencing any signal issues, you better double check those antenna connections of yours and make sure they are tightly fit.

what about sierra on dell 5559

Sigh... the connectors on my wifi card are broken and so are the antenna leads' connectors... I'm returning the card for a refund and having to order a replacement antenna... that's one costly lesson for me to learn. ($20 for an antenna and $50 for installing it).

I'm running Sierra quite nicely on my Dell Inspiron 15 5559. I'm quite happy, even with my wifi card mishap.

ok i will try it can you make a video to how to install sierra on dell 5559 for me and the other Beginner or some screenshot
If you had more time . and thanks

Three months ago i had install elcapitan . But it was 16m graphics card. Wi-Fi is not working and many heated and does not boot without Flash Memory>

Last edited:
Sigh... the connectors on my wifi card are broken and so are the antenna leads' connectors... I'm returning the card for a refund and having to order a replacement antenna... that's one costly lesson for me to learn. ($20 for an antenna and $50 for installing it).
OMG! Like I said, that's the exact same thing that happened to me. I think Dell is using cheap antenna connectors, which break off at touch, disappointing. Anyway I was able to hold the connectors down in place by tightening them with the metal piece that's put on top of them and now it works flawlessly(No drops in signal or speed, fingers crossed), so I don't have to replace the antenna or the card ^^ Thankfully. $70 does sound expensive. Sorry to hear about that.

what about sierra on dell 5559
Me and a couple of others got it working almost perfectly on Sierra, yours might vary slightly depending on the model. Making a video tutorial is out of question since there is so much stuff to be done, but we are always here if you need help and I will also be putting together a guide for it soon. I just haven't had the time for it yet.

What doesn't work for me:
> Wifi OOB (You have to replace the default intel wifi card or use an external wifi dongle, no way to fix the intel card afaik), but after replacing it with this card it works flawlessly : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0156DVQ7G/?tag=tonymacx86com-20)
>Webcam (It has worked for some other people with the same laptop, not sure why it doesn't work for me, but I'm sure it can be fixed... I haven't gotten around to it yet)
>Touchscreen (Touching works but not as natural as on windows, probably because MacOS doesn't support native touch devices)

Everything else seems to work perfectly for me. I'd recommend you start with the guide here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ and come to us if you get stuck anywhere. Good luck :)

You should contact the author of that closed-source kext if you have questions regarding it.

Read USB guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Also...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"
Thanks Rehabman, but I'm kind of busy now since my university started and I also don't need the webcam too much. So I think I'm going to give it a pass for now, until I have free time again.

Although thanks a lot helping me figure out the rest, since everything else is working flawlessly for me now :) Without all your help, I'd not have been able to run X-Code for uni and would have been in deep trouble. I can't thank you enough ^^ Again, please let me know if you take donations, cause I'm still up for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back