Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have managed to fix it with a new AppleALC.kext .
Now I have noticed a weird one when I try to extract in clover using F4 then I get files like these :
RSDT-SSDT-5-CRV ORB.aml
RSDT-SSDT-6-CRV ORB.aml
RSDT-SSDT-7-CRV ORB.aml
RSDT-SSDT-8-CRV ORB.aml
RSDT-SSDT-9-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-0-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-1-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-2-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-3-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-4-CRV ORB.aml
is this a new behaviour for clover or have I got something wrong in clover config

Nothing unusual there.

Nothing unusual there.
So which ones are the ones for patching now?
??
SSDT-0-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-1-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-2-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-3-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-4-CRV ORB.aml??

So which ones are the ones for patching now?
??
SSDT-0-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-1-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-2-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-3-CRV ORB.aml
SSDT-4-CRV ORB.aml??

It depends on the problem you're trying to solve.
Except for disabling a secondary graphics card (in your case, Radeon), SSDTs do not need to be patched as renames should be done with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

See guides:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

It depends on the problem you're trying to solve.
Except for disabling a secondary graphics card (in your case, Radeon), SSDTs do not need to be patched as renames should be done with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

See guides:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Hi Again,

I have had many attempts with both guides and I am always ending up at the same place where I am now.
I cannot update from 10.13.4 to 10.13.5 or 10.13.6 either it always panics I had messed around with clover on an USB stick and have managed to get a GUI with an error message that I cannot upgrade.
I feel like a dummy that I cannot patch my DSDT and SSDT correctly. Would you be able to help me in more detail??
Without the update I cannot use XCode 10.

Attachments

• debug_15342.zip
    2 MB · Views: 172
I cannot update from 10.13.4 to 10.13.5 or 10.13.6 either it always panics

You will need to show a photo of the KP and attach the EFI/Clover that produces it.

had messed around with clover on an USB stick and have managed to get a GUI with an error message that I cannot upgrade.

You will need to attach an image of the error message and the EFI/Clover that produces it.

I feel like a dummy that I cannot patch my DSDT and SSDT correctly. Would you be able to help me in more detail??
Without the update I cannot use XCode 10.

Comments regarding your attachment:
- remove SSDT.aml from ACPI/patched. Use config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true instead
- see guide for good starter plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
(those plists use modern ACPI patching techniques to start... AutoMerge=true, common renames via config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches, no SortedOrder specification, etc)
- you need to dump a fresh ACPI/origin (using recent Clover). The files you have now were not dumped by a recent enough Clover (the names will change after you fix config.plist and use current Clover, so don't forget to remove all files from ACPI/origin before dumping).

Then, follow the ACPI patching guides already linked.
If you have an issue, update new files.

You will need to show a photo of the KP and attach the EFI/Clover that produces it.

You will need to attach an image of the error message and the EFI/Clover that produces it.

See attached OSX-PANIC.JPG

Comments regarding your attachment:
- remove SSDT.aml from ACPI/patched. Use config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true instead
- see guide for good starter plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
(those plists use modern ACPI patching techniques to start... AutoMerge=true, common renames via config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches, no SortedOrder specification, etc)
- you need to dump a fresh ACPI/origin (using recent Clover). The files you have now were not dumped by a recent enough Clover (the names will change after you fix config.plist and use current Clover, so don't forget to remove all files from ACPI/origin before dumping).

Then, follow the ACPI patching guides already linked.
If you have an issue, update new files.

Thanks for the above advice I haven't try that yet. Will remove the SSDT.aml and switch on PluginType to true and then follow the guide for the config.plist.

The weirdest of all is that nearly everything works perfectly in the OS apart from maybe two things one is the Update and the second is the smaller screen when on mirrored display.

Thanks once again

Attachments

• OSX-PANIC - 1.JPG
    OSX-PANIC - 1.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Inspiron 15R 5537

I installed 10.14.3 and Clover.

It boots and I keyboard/trackpad is working with VoodooPS2Controller.kext, but
  • Intel HD Graphics 4400
  • Realtek ALC3223 audio
are not.

For graphics I tried installing WhateverGreen.kext, and Lilu.kext, but I don't know what to do with config.plist.

For audio I tried installing AppleALC.kext.

Any ideas of what I could try?

Last edited:
Hi i actually installed macOS Mojave the installation went smoothly with no problem but after i completed the installation when i try to boot from the mac partition the boot process goes until almost the end but then it restart
in other hand it boot without any problem in safe mode
this is my booting log
and my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 253
Last edited:
@RehabMan can you point me in the right direction (as you have done many times before, thanks!)
I had mac sierra installation working all good (clover kext patching and applied dsdt patching), so decided to upgrade to mojave. Updated the clover binary to latest, and used all of the existing folders from clover-3382 and just added lilu and whatevergreen to kexts. Upgrade went smoothly, now i have a working mojave installation, functional as before.

My questions:
- there are a lot of warning and messages in the verbose log at boot, and though things working fine, is there a better way to do kext patching for mojave?
- if i recreate my dsdt patches from clean origin files in mojave, will it improve performance?
- are there any other performance improvement tips that i could follow to get the best speed out of mojave installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back