Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, worked perfectly for my 17r 5737. I upgraded the suggested wifi+BT mini, and am very pleased... Has anyone had success updating this particular laptop to Sierra? I am going to try... (backup in place, just in case:)

My laptop; OS X El Captian 10.11.6 on my Dell 17r 5737, i7cpu, intel HD4400 GPU, backlit keyboard, 16GB DDR3 1600 Mhz memory, 480GB SSD (upgraded from 5400 rpm 1 TB mechanical.) Everything works except built-in card reader.

Excellent, worked perfectly for my 17r 5737. I upgraded the suggested wifi+BT mini, and am very pleased... Has anyone had success updating this particular laptop to Sierra? I am going to try... (backup in place, just in case:)

My laptop; OS X El Captian 10.11.6 on my Dell 17r 5737, i7cpu, intel HD4400 GPU, backlit keyboard, 16GB DDR3 1600 Mhz memory, 480GB SSD (upgraded from 5400 rpm 1 TB mechanical.) Everything works except built-in card reader.

Keep in mind known problems/issues/changes in 10.12.x

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Now find and open SSDT-7.dsl open it with same MaciASL and patch:
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Haswell HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
  • Brightness fix (Haswell/broadwell )
  • Rename B0D3 to HDAU
Click Compile to check for errors, if no error, you can save the file with
File Format: ACPI Machine Language Library, name: SSDT-1.aml in separate location (location like "DSDT/SSD patched"etc..)
[FOR MODEL WITH NVIDIA/AMD]
Go to DSDT folder on desktop, find
SSDT-8.dsl, open MacIASL and apply the patch use the code given in txt format)

to_ssdt-8_dsl.txt
Click Compile to check for errors, If no error, you can save the file with File Format: ACPI Machine Language Library, name: SSDT-2.aml in separate location ((location like where you saved your DSDT.aml+SSDT-1.aml)if you have SSDT-9.dslOpen SSDT-9.dsl, apply this patch then save as SSDT-3.aml use the code in txt format)
to_dsdt-9.txt
copy all DSDT.aml+SSDT-1.aml+SSDT-2.aml+SSDT-3.aml[if you have] to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ (in your internal EFI partition)

And you should be renaming any SSDTs.

With all the renaming, you're just confusing yourself and others. It is silly.

May I suggest that the confusion lies within this guide’s post #1. The silly part might be more helpful if edited accordingly.

After I applied the EM firmware DSDT patch suggested in this guide’s post #1 for the "sleep ability loss after several hours of uptime" problem I had, I suddenly had the BT loss problem on every wake.

So I did the "do nothing" DSDT XSEL patch outlined here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-no-bt-after-sleep.178406/page-4.

Said XESL patch worked on first and second reboot. On third reboot I lost BT again after sleep. But it seems to work ever after. So far I have not lost BT again after sleep.

What stayed with me until now is the problem of lost network connectivity (BT+WiFi) always on wake after inducing sleep by closing the lid.

Sometimes, when closing the lid, I even get the hideous error described in post #1077 of this thread.

When I send the laptop into sleep manually and then close the lid (my "workaround" so far), all network connectivity comes up again when I open the lid.

When I close the lid, wait for full sleep indicated by CPU activity indicator led, then wait another 10 sec and then reopen the lid, all network connectivity is terminally lost until reboot.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 83
May I suggest that the confusion lies within this guide’s post #1. The silly part might be more helpful if edited accordingly.

The guide is not being maintained. The OP abandoned it.
Use it only as clues.
Read the guides (which are maintained) so you understand what you're doing...

After I applied the EM firmware DSDT patch suggested in this guide’s post #1 for the "sleep ability loss after several hours of uptime" problem I had, I suddenly had the BT loss problem on every wake.

So I did the "do nothing" DSDT XSEL patch outlined here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-no-bt-after-sleep.178406/page-4.

Said XESL patch worked on first and second reboot. On third reboot I lost BT again after sleep. But it seems to work ever after. So far I have not lost BT again after sleep.

What stayed with me until now is the problem of lost network connectivity (BT+WiFi) always on wake after inducing sleep by closing the lid.

Sometimes, when closing the lid, I even get the hideous error described in post #1077 of this thread.

When I send the laptop into sleep manually and then close the lid (my "workaround" so far), all network connectivity comes up again when I open the lid.

When I close the lid, wait for full sleep indicated by CPU activity indicator led, then wait another 10 sec and then reopen the lid, all network connectivity is terminally lost until reboot.

Any ideas?

Google Chrome might be causing your problem. Test without it running.
You can see in ioreg that it is hooking all your USB ports. You can turn off that option (there is a USB setting somewhere in the special Chrome settings page... I forget the details).

Also, remove at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch.

Edit: chrome://flags/#enable-webusb. Added to laptop FAQ.

Last edited:
Could not locate at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch. OK if not present?

I disabled Chrome webUSB API.
WiFi+BT still lost after lid close/sleep + lid reopen/wake.

Tried again with no apps running.
WiFi+BT still lost after lid close/sleep + lid reopen/wake.

Note strange "time-out" in Terminal caches output.
After loss of network connectivity through lid closure the machine takes very long until reboot starts...​

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 105
Could not locate at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch. OK if not present?​

It is something you installed. If you can't figure out how to remove it (perhaps read instructions at software vendor's site), then you should do a fresh install.

When using BCM94352HMB WiFi+BT

I would like to confirm the fore mentioned WiFi+BT card is amazing in both El Captain and windows 10 pro. I bought this one,
AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini
and windows 10 installed it automatically (WiFi and BT), no drivers needed, and I am getting over 800 Mbs in windows! BT works perfect in both OS's as well! Thank you for that tip! It is better than my intel AC-7260!

My Laptop: Dell 17r 5737, Samsung 850 pro ssd, i7 4500u cpu, igpu intel 4400, 16GB DDR3 1600 memory, backlit keyboard, all works except built in card reader in osx. Tony, you and all your contributors here are nothing short of amazing!

Me = Pro working photographer and video editor, utilizing both mac and win 10, 7 days per week:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back