Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The webcam was running smoothly... Therefore, I'm a bit surprised.

did anybody find a way to get the dell 7537 integrated webcam to work in El Capitan? I am on 10.11.6 and everything works now except the cam (and card reader but nobody seems to have that one functional).

In System Report / Camera I get the following entries:
- Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_3141 ProductID_26373
- Unique ID: 0x145000000c456705

and in System Report / USB I have:
- Product ID: 0x6705
- Vendor ID: 0x0c45 (Sonix Technology Co., Ltd.)
- Version: 37.10
- Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
- Manufacturer: CN0DWGV8724873ALME3AA00
- Location ID: 0x14500000 / 4
- Current Available (mA): 1000
- Current Required (mA): 500
- Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Photo Booth app does show up, and also Skype recognises the cam but it stays dark and does not pick up light or images (cam screen stays black)
Ioreg shows it too.

I am simply thinking... if the cam is already recognised, there must be a way to get it working i. e. processing image, or am I wrong?

After more research and trying several ancient exotic video apps, I found one app that makes my camera work - at least in crappy 320x240 mode. It only works in this app, not in Skype, Photobooth or whatnot, but at least I get an image. The app is called HackTVCarbon, was apparently written by some Apple developers and is freeware. Here it is attached.

Anybody able how to apply the trick with which this app makes my camera work in a more universal way, so that the camera finally works with all apps and in all solutions (its a HD cam after all...)

I would be so thankful...

Attachments

• HackTVCarbon.zip
    106.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
did anybody find a way to get the dell 7537 integrated webcam to work in El Capitan? I am on 10.11.6 and everything works now except the cam (and card reader but nobody seems to have that one functional).

In System Report / Camera I get the following entries:
- Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_3141 ProductID_26373
- Unique ID: 0x145000000c456705

and in System Report / USB I have:
- Product ID: 0x6705
- Vendor ID: 0x0c45 (Sonix Technology Co., Ltd.)
- Version: 37.10
- Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
- Manufacturer: CN0DWGV8724873ALME3AA00
- Location ID: 0x14500000 / 4
- Current Available (mA): 1000
- Current Required (mA): 500
- Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Photo Booth app does show up, and also Skype recognises the cam but it stays dark and does not pick up light or images (cam screen stays black)
Ioreg shows it too.

I am simply thinking... if the cam is already recognised, there must be a way to get it working i. e. processing image, or am I wrong?

After more research and trying several ancient exotic video apps, I found one app that makes my camera work - at least in crappy 320x240 mode. It only works in this app, not in Skype, Photobooth or whatnot, but at least I get an image. The app is called HackTVCarbon, was apparently written by some Apple developers and is freeware. Here it is attached.

Anybody able how to apply the trick with which this app makes my camera work in a more universal way, so that the camera finally works with all apps and in all solutions (its a HD cam after all...)

I would be so thankful...

Cameras that don't show a serial# tend to be problematic.

Cameras that don't show a serial# tend to be problematic.

I have written an email to the people at Sonix and asked of them to compile an OSX driver. Will report their answer :D

webcam works with macOS sierra (10.12.2)

webcam works with macOS sierra (10.12.2)

I would be very thankful for detailed info about that.
Could you please reply-post the following:

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post!

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach "Camera" and "USB" output of your System Profiler app.

Thank you so much!

I would be very thankful for detailed info about that.
Could you please reply-post the following:

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post!

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach "Camera" and "USB" output of your System Profiler app.

Thank you so much!

On el capitan it doesn't work ,i did a direct update to sierra and then he works OOB

On el capitan it doesn't work ,i did a direct update to sierra and then he works OOB

I just learned the hard way that OSX Sierra does not support Adobe CS6 any more. That pretty much puts Sierra off the list for me. So, no webcam I suppose...

ERROR Report: Today I installed RehabMan’s CodecCommander (see here: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander) as this guide tells you to do in order to get rid of the audio loss after wake from sleep. It worked perfectly easy as I have the ALC283 codec. But then something really, really awful happened. I of course tested the wake from sleep behavior. I found out that wake from sleep works fine when the laptop stays open (unclosed lid). Then I sent it into sleep manually and closed the lid and when I opened the lid it still came back on. And then I just closed the lid to send it to sleep. What a mistake. As I opened it back up after a while, it did not come back from the black screen, though something was going on (cpu indicator light flashing). I waited a good while, but then I decided to force-quit and reboot. And then: SHOCK! The display showed me a flickering frame just under the normal desktop image which seemed to be something like a ghost of the desktop that was there when I closing the lid. This flickering ghost image was like a second layer under the normal screen and shone through everything on screen, and it created a high-frequency flickering that was very irritating to the eye. Kind of like an after-image when you look into a light and then close your eyes. I was so shocked that I immediately started trying anything that came to my mind, but nothing helped. I even put the Windows HDD back in and booted in Windows only to find the flickering ghost frame was STILL THERE!!! I took the CMOS battery out - STILL THE SAME!! I thought I destroyed the display. But after like 20 minutes the effect started to wear off and now it is gone completely. Wish I had made some photos or video of this downright crazy effect. Anybody seen anything like this before? What could have caused this effect?

I can only say BEWARE the lid closing ...

Also I have enabled the USB Wake From Sleep option in BIOS A14. It has no obvious effect, the external USB ports still get unmounted by sleep and I get the error warning on wake, as the USB sticks and external HDs get remounted automatically.

I have the feeling that something is really badly out of balance in my PowerManagement, even though I followed this guide thoroughly and applied all the PM patches...

EDIT of JAN 7th:
I experienced the problem again, now I know how to "get there": It is related to the "sleep ability loss after several hours of uptime" described in post #1 - after a few hours of operation, wherein lay several normal sleep phases, the laptop suddenly keeps coming back from sleep just one second after I send it into sleep. If I try to close the lid as an alternative way to put it into sleep, the laptop falls into a endless sleep-wake loop indicated by the CPU led flashing constantly and repetitively. Open the lid and the screen stays black, after force-quit-reboot I get the ghost frame and flickering. The loop somehow seems to overload the display, giving it the ghost image frame and flickering. The effect wears off within a few minutes.

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back