Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup I figured that out after reading a bit. I am installing the kexts right now. I get the system extension cannot be used error for everything. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I even made sure the permissions are set properly.

Edit : I got everything to work apart from the smooth backlight transition and sound. What do i need to do for sound, getting a bit confused!

Edit 2: Got sound working. No smooth backlight transition like my MacBook but I guess it's not a big deal. BTW how do I get this thing to sleep when I close the lid?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

One more question pls.
For this guide we use 1 method ( Remember we extracted our native ACPI tables at clover boot screen with F4 !!. )
and the [Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs
uses 3 method
1 Extracting native ACPI files
2 Extracting with Clover F4
3 Extracting with Linux
me I tested two methods
2 Extracting with Clover F4
3 Extracting with Linux
with clover method i have one problem . after for this command
( cd ~/Desktop/DSDT iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml )no extract file. only extract delete dsdt1. after delete extract normally .
but the second method don’t have any error but the second method i have problem to patch file.
Thus I continue without the dsdt1. there is a problem in this?

If you read the guide carefully you should realize that only DSDT.aml and all SSDT*.aml should be present in the folder where you're disassembling.

Ok, I'm repatching the ddst and the ssdt. Ive face and error (following the guide) while trying to patch the ssdt 8. I get: "object is not accessible from this scope (_OFF)".
The code is this:
PHP:
        Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
        {
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._ADR)
            _OFF()  //heres the error.
        }

I could not find anything on the internet about this specific error.

Read the guide carefully regarding use of External to refer to objects in other files...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Yes rehabman only this file inside the folder but look the second photo ssdt-1 stop the phase 1 the phase 2 crash..
and this test i will tried for 3 different usb 8gb stick.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 11.10.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 11.10.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 107
ok and this fixed look the http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Sometimes, Clover F4 will write duplicate SSDTs. These duplicates will cause problems during disassembly. If you run into issues (duplicate definitions) during disassembly, you will need to analyse all SSDTs to eliminate the files which are duplicate. It is easy to see which are duplicates by looking at the file sizes. Files with equal size are likely duplicates.
You can see file sizes in bytes of all SSDTs in Terminal:

my files 1-3 1337 bytes delete and ok
thanks againnnnnnnnn

Thank you!

Took a look. No dice even after following the steps. I don't know what's wrong. I did patch it properly the first time around.

How do I go about getting the computer to sleep when I close the lid. Sleep works fine from the finder, it won't from when i close the lid!

I just want to make sure everything is working because I am giving this to my 16y/o sister so that she gets used to OS X before we actually go and get her one.

Thank you!

Took a look. No dice even after following the steps. I don't know what's wrong. I did patch it properly the first time around.

How do I go about getting the computer to sleep when I close the lid. Sleep works fine from the finder, it won't from when i close the lid!

I just want to make sure everything is working because I am giving this to my 16y/o sister so that she gets used to OS X before we actually go and get her one.

Lid sleep trigger is enabled when you implement backlight control correctly.

Lid sleep trigger is enabled when you implement backlight control correctly.

I re-installed OS X , made sure I did everything as given in the guide, I just couldnt apply the
  • Fix _WAK IAOE
Patch. I click on it and no patch loads even after waiting for 5min.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. The brightness does increase and decrease with the brightness buttons, It's just not smooth and the lid sleep doesn't trigger.

Before reinstalling audio worked fine by installing the kext but now I can't get it to work at all. I did the entire process. I get the extension cant be used error.

Last edited:
I re-installed OS X , made sure I did everything as given in the guide, I just couldnt apply the
  • Fix _WAK IAOE
Patch. I click on it and no patch loads even after waiting for 5min.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. The brightness does increase and decrease with the brightness buttons, It's just not smooth and the lid sleep doesn't trigger.

Before reinstalling audio worked fine by installing the kext but now I can't get it to work at all. I did the entire process. I get the extension cant be used error.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

does anyone know how to make trackpad gestures working like on macbook? Ive tried some tricks but unfortunately, none works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back