Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ACPI configuration is not correct. DropOem=true is required with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

And you didn't press F4 to collect ACPI/origin.
Fixed.
And I pressed F4 during the installation as the tutorial explains, these are the .aml that ive used to patch. They are in my PEN USB. Do i have to copy than over /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin?

Last edited:
Fixed.
And I pressed F4 during the installation as the tutorial explains, these are the .aml that ive used to patch. They are in my PEN USB. Do i have to copy than over /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin?

If you want me to compare ACPI/patched to ACPI/origin, you must press F4 before collecting EFI/Clover as ZIP.

If you want me to compare ACPI/patched to ACPI/origin, you must press F4 before collecting EFI/Clover as ZIP.

Yeah, you are right.
I'm posting the ACPI's ive colleted during the installation, they were on the penUSB.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    216.2 KB · Views: 55
Utter and complete noob here. Going to start the procedure in a while.

Let's see how it goes! I am on a Inspiron 15R 5537. Wish the wifi and bluetooth worked without having to take the computer apart but yeah, it's not going to be perfect.

Finished installing OS X!

I have an issue with the EFI partition disappearing on my laptop and my USB stick. I am stuck because without it can't perform the "patching DSDT" and further because no EFI partition shows up on my laptop.

Last edited:
It is not disappearing. But EFI does not automatically mount. Read FAQ:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Yup I figured that out after reading a bit. I am installing the kexts right now. I get the system extension cannot be used error for everything. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I even made sure the permissions are set properly.

Edit : I got everything to work apart from the smooth backlight transition and sound. What do i need to do for sound, getting a bit confused!

Edit 2: Got sound working. No smooth backlight transition like my MacBook but I guess it's not a big deal. BTW how do I get this thing to sleep when I close the lid?

Last edited:
One more question pls.
For this guide we use 1 method ( Remember we extracted our native ACPI tables at clover boot screen with F4 !!. )
and the [Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs
uses 3 method
1 Extracting native ACPI files
2 Extracting with Clover F4
3 Extracting with Linux
me I tested two methods
2 Extracting with Clover F4
3 Extracting with Linux
with clover method i have one problem . after for this command
( cd ~/Desktop/DSDT iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml )no extract file. only extract delete dsdt1. after delete extract normally .
but the second method don’t have any error but the second method i have problem to patch file.
Thus I continue without the dsdt1. there is a problem in this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 11.03.49.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 11.03.49.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 11.10.11.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 11.10.11.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Ok, I'm repatching the ddst and the ssdt. Ive face and error (following the guide) while trying to patch the ssdt 8. I get: "object is not accessible from this scope (_OFF)".
The code is this:
PHP:
        Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
        {
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._ADR)
            _OFF()  //heres the error.
        }

I could not find anything on the internet about this specific error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back