Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
i removed all DSDT/SSDT patches because forum software removes "backslashes" from all the codes i posted there ...
instead i include them as txt format , so user can download the codes and apply them by copy/paste method

i removed all DSDT/SSDT patches because forum software removes "backslashes" from all the codes i posted there ...
instead i include them as txt format , so user can download the codes and apply them by copy/paste method

Thanks for ur effort with us mate :)

Am back again with a weird issue AGAIN :lol:

While the daily using my trackpad just stop working and i have to sleep or restart my laptop to get it back to work again, i just tried something else just right now reloading the trackpad kext by terminal

Code:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

and it back to work again so that why am asking now is there any way to debug my trackpad so i dig for what making it stop working !

P.S: this is my console log after searching "voodooPS2"

Code:
11/28/15 12:56:55.512 AM com.apple.kextd[44]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext"

@RehabMan Sir ur help is required here :oops:

Capture ioreg when the trackpad is not working. Check system.log for PS2 related errors.

Code:
grep -y ps2 /var/log/system.log

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Thanks for ur effort with us mate :)

Am back again with a weird issue AGAIN :lol:

While the daily using my trackpad just stop working and i have to sleep or restart my laptop to get it back to work again, i just tried something else just right now reloading the trackpad kext by terminal

Code:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

and it back to work again so that why am asking now is there any way to debug my trackpad so i dig for what making it stop working !

P.S: this is my console log after searching "voodooPS2"

Code:
11/28/15 12:56:55.512 AM com.apple.kextd[44]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext"

may be you pressed "PrtScr " button ? (that disables the touchpad ) try that also might be useful
also updated your kexts to latest

may be you pressed "PrtScr " button ? (that disables the touchpad ) try that also might be useful
also updated your kexts to latest

Hahah are u always have the right answer ! yes PrtScr is the reason of my issue it just happened now and i checked the post and here ur answer saved the day, Can i disable prtscr function !

Sry Rehabman false alarm :oops:

Hahah are u always have the right answer ! yes PrtScr is the reason of my issue it just happened now and i checked the post and here ur answer saved the day, Can i disable prtscr function !

No worries. But doesn't explain why a kextload would fix anything (nothing would happen when the kext is already loaded). Perhaps that part was imagined.

it doesn't happen automatically ,unless you press that ("PrtScr") button ,
;)

No worries. But doesn't explain why a kextload would fix anything (nothing would happen when the kext is already loaded). Perhaps that part was imagined.

I will keep eyes on it, This happen random times if it happen again i will investigate with all ur recommended ways in the last post, So we can detriment if it happen by accident pressing PrntScr or something else make it stopped

Many thanks buddy

dummyone said:
it doesn't happen automatically ,unless you press that ("PrtScr") button ,

I wasn't focus on what i have pressed, But i guess ur right , PrntScr is near to backspace and i use it a lot maybe by accident i hit it , Silly me :)

is this guide also valid for update from Yosemite to El Capitan?

is this guide also valid for update from Yosemite to El Capitan?

Speaking from El Capitan 10.11.1 using this coolest guide he almost covering everything u may need and dummyone or Rehabman is also helpful ppl if u faced anything up normal

Go ahead and update mate :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back