1. iOS
*NOTE: THIS GUIDE IS OUTDATED, PLEASE USE NEWER GUIDE UNDER MOJAVE
HARDWARE:

-CPU Intel Core i3-5005u @2.0Ghz
-GPU Intel 5500 Graphics, 1536MB
-RAM 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
-HardDrive a 2.5in laptop hard drive 1tb
-Ethernet Realtek8100
-Wifi AR9820 (Just for Wifi and was a separate purchase)
-Keyboard and Trackpad Builtin
-Webcam Builtin
-Audio Used VoodooHDA
-Bluetooth does not work you can use a different wifi card if you like
-Disc Reader Builtin

PREINSTALL:
1) Download CloverConfigurator in downloads of Tonymacx86
2) 8GB or higher USB stick
3) Unibeast 8.3.2 in downloads of Tonymacx86
4) Use kexts in my zip file.
5) Get familiar with CloverConfigurator
6) Download EFI Mounter v3

CONFIGURATION:
1) Open Unibeast and agree to terms
2) Select your USB stick and choose high sierra, then choose UEFI boot, and do not click anything in graphics configuration and let your USB install.
3) Once Unibeast USB installation is complete, open CloverConfigurator and you Open at the top left.
4) Go to SMBIOS and press the up and down arrow at the right, then choose MacbookAir 7,1 (If you have an i7 choose MacbookAir 7,2).
5) Go to System Parameters and generate a new UUID
6) Open Terminal and type UUIDgen and copy that number. Then go to SMBIOS and paste that number in smUUID
7) Go to RT Variables and make sure boosterconfig is 0x27 and CrsActiveConfig is 0x67
8) In KextsToPatch press the plus at the bottom and type
Name: AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 06002616 01030303 00002002 00005001
Replace: 06002616 01030303 00003001 00009000
Comment: RehabMan
MatchOS: 10.13.x

9) In ForceKextsToLoad press the plus at the bottom and type
\System\Library\Extensions\AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
Press the plus button again and type
\System\Library\Extensions\AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext

10) Make sure AppleRTC, AppleIntelCPUPM, and KernelPM are checked.
11) In graphics, make sure InjectIntel is the only thing checkmarked and change the igplatformid to 0x16260006 which is at the right.
12) In GUI make sure the screen resolution is your laptops correct screen resolution.
13) In Device make sure IntelGFX is 0x00000000
14) In Boot, select kext-dev-mode=1, nv_disable=1, and dart=0. You could add -v verbose for troubleshooting but it is your option.
15) In ACPI leave everything alone.
16) Close CloverConfigurator and open you EFI folder, and go to Clover, then kexts, then other and paste all of the kexts from the zip file I have provided.
17) Place EFI Mounter v3 into Install MacOS High sierra not into EFI
17) Eject and remove the USB stick.

INSTALLATION:
1) Plug the USB into your laptop and press F12 or your BIOS boot option
2) Head over to Enter Setup and go to Advanced and make sure SATA Operation is AHCI and IntelSpeedStep,Virtualization,IntegratedNIC,USB Emulation, and USB wake support are enabled.
3) Head over to Boot and Disable secure boot and save changes and reset.
4) Press F12 to select boot options and choose the USB stick
5) Once you get to clover choose boot from Install MacOS High Sierra
6) Once you get to the installation screen, go to disk utility and format your drive to MacOS Extended (Journaled) and erase. Then quit disk utility and click on Install High Sierra, agree to the terms and Install
7) After High Sierra finishes Installing, and reboots the computer, in clover choose your HardDrive which would be what you named it and boot. You might get a reset but choose the same HardDrive
8) Once MacOS finishes installing choose your hard drive in clover and boot.
9) Go through the setup and your mac should be working!
10) Use EFI mounter v3 (In downloads of tonymacx86)
11) Mount the EFI of disk0s1 and disk2s1 or whatever the EFI partition of your HardDrive and your USB is on.
12) Copy 'Clover' and 'Boot' from USB EFI and paste them into your Hard Drives EFI, DO NOT DELETE APPLE.
13) You can take the USB stick out now and boot with just your Hard Drive.

AFTERMATH:
You can yourself learn more about DSDT and SSDT and how to patch and whatnot but I will not tutorial on that in this guide. If you cannot get macOS High Sierra booting leave a reply (I will read) and I will try to respond and help. Special thanks to Tonymacx86 and RehabMan for kexts and tools I needed for this. This project took me months of work and I have successfully booted every MacOS past OS X Yosemite onto this Dell inspiron. This was a 300$ laptop and was one of my greatest purchases.

Attachments

• kexts.zip
    415.4 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:
Hi, is your laptop sleep/wake successfully? I tried so many ways, but I couldn't get it to work. Can you upload your EFI folder and tell me what are the other settings that you have used?

Thank you

Hi, is your laptop sleep/wake successfully? I tried so many ways, but I couldn't get it to work. Can you upload your EFI folder and tell me what are the other settings that you have used?

Thank you
No it is not, the only way for it to function properly is to upgrade to a 1920x1080 screen.

All the files I downloaded are for Mac OS how do I get to install Mac OS on the laptop ? I have the same model but with i7 5500u and 8gb ram. Recently got a 1080p screen and a SSD and I really wanna try the Mac OS on it.

EDIT: Oh, I need a Mac to start with as far as I can understand ?

Last edited:
All the files I downloaded are for Mac OS how do I get to install Mac OS on the laptop ? I have the same model but with i7 5500u and 8gb ram. Recently got a 1080p screen and a SSD and I really wanna try the Mac OS on it.

EDIT: Oh, I need a Mac to start with as far as I can understand ?
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

No it is not, the only way for it to function properly is to upgrade to a 1920x1080 screen.

But some people have managed to get sleep/wake working with the same laptop and also same cpu.
Is there no other way? What about the instant patch by rehabman? @RehabMan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back