Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell Inspiron 15 OC 7.8 MacOS Monterey 12.2.1| i7-8550u | UHD 620| 4K 60hz

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti & UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i have an inspiron 7850 and i can't install the kext
I had bigsur and everything worked 95%
i ran monterey clean install from usb
I tried to replace your OC in the EFI partition but it gives me NvRam error I don't know what to do
without your EFI and your processor type, I cannot help you. is the i7 8th generation? what version of OC are you using?

Motherboard
Dell Precision T3500
CPU
Xeon 3503
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I'd much appreciate if you can offer any advice on USB mapping for Dell 7580 laptop using OC 0.75

CPU: i7 8565U, iGPU: Intel 620 HD.

The webcam isn't working. I tried CorpNewt's USBMap tool but could use some guidance.

Attached EFI.

Thankyou.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    43.2 MB · Views: 74

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'd much appreciate if you can offer any advice on USB mapping for Dell 7580 laptop using OC 0.75

CPU: i7 8565U, iGPU: Intel 620 HD.

The webcam isn't working. I tried CorpNewt's USBMap tool but could use some guidance.

Attached EFI.

Thankyou.

Motherboard
Dell Precision T3500
CPU
Xeon 3503
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks @Feartech.

I just deleted the USBMap.kext and reset NVRAM and everything seems to be working, including the onboard webcam.

Checking Hackintool, all the external ports are described as internal, but still work for USB 2 and 3.

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.15.45 pm.png

Should I leave it as is, or change the Connector type for the external ports?

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks @Feartech.

I just deleted the USBMap.kext and reset NVRAM and everything seems to be working, including the onboard webcam.

Checking Hackintool, all the external ports are described as internal, but still work for USB 2 and 3.

View attachment 535338

Should I leave it as is, or change the Connector type for the external ports?
I would certainly change those to what they are supposed to be, USB2.0, USB3.0 etc

webcam, and wifi (IOUSBHostDevice) should be the only ones that say internal

Motherboard
Dell
CPU
I7-8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Hey @Mrgeque ,

I have a notebook very similar to yours, the Dell Inspiron 7572, but I am unable to use its EFI to boot, I get IOPlatformPanicAction IONVMeController, could you help me port your EFI to my model notebook?
PS: My Mac is installed on an NVMe Kingston 500 GB SSD.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti & UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey @Mrgeque ,

I have a notebook very similar to yours, the Dell Inspiron 7572, but I am unable to use its EFI to boot, I get IOPlatformPanicAction IONVMeController, could you help me port your EFI to my model notebook?
PS: My Mac is installed on an NVMe Kingston 500 GB SSD.
sorry for late response. post your EFI and pic of where it stops in verbose. seems like you need an nvme driver or kext. but pos the efi and let have a look. what are the laptops COMPLETE specs?

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Mrgeque I've spent about a week trying to get my touchscreen to work on my Dell Inspiron 13 5379. I read somewhere that someone with the same model as mine adopted your EFI to their config and has everything working. I decided to try my luck. I started by keeping my EFI, as I have a mostly working config, but the touchscreen not working is what bothered me. So I began by moving around the order of VoodooPS2 and VoodooI2C kexts, thinking that might have something to do with my troubles. No such luck. After spending several hours trying different things, going as far as matching the kext versions to match yours exactly, I abandoned the process. I threw in your EFI folder, plugged in my SMBIOS into the config and viola. Touchscreen worked like a charm. But with a BIG FAT caveat. I lost Audio, Bluetooth and my Wifi signal became abysmal. Urgh! The last two are obvious - I'm using a BCM94360Z3 which isn't the same. But the audio is what has me a bit confused. I'm running Big Sur, and you're on Monterey. Is there a difference in configs with respect to Audio?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti & UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Mrgeque I've spent about a week trying to get my touchscreen to work on my Dell Inspiron 13 5379. I read somewhere that someone with the same model as mine adopted your EFI to their config and has everything working. I decided to try my luck. I started by keeping my EFI, as I have a mostly working config, but the touchscreen not working is what bothered me. So I began by moving around the order of VoodooPS2 and VoodooI2C kexts, thinking that might have something to do with my troubles. No such luck. After spending several hours trying different things, going as far as matching the kext versions to match yours exactly, I abandoned the process. I threw in your EFI folder, plugged in my SMBIOS into the config and viola. Touchscreen worked like a charm. But with a BIG FAT caveat. I lost Audio, Bluetooth and my Wifi signal became abysmal. Urgh! The last two are obvious - I'm using a BCM94360Z3 which isn't the same. But the audio is what has me a bit confused. I'm running Big Sur, and you're on Monterey. Is there a difference in configs with respect to Audio?
thanks for your feedback. what smbios are you using? send me a copy of your original config.plist, I believe it could be something minor and simple