Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell Inspiron 15 OC 7.8 MacOS Monterey 12.2.1| i7-8550u | UHD 620| 4K 60hz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh right, okay then. I also went ahead and did a test with hdmi out to my monitor and it doesn't seem to work.. Maybe it's due to the settings. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Is there a fix to the bluetooth being always turned on?

Ahhhh right, okay then. I also went ahead and did a test with hdmi out to my monitor and it doesn't seem to work.. Maybe it's due to the settings. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Is there a fix to the bluetooth being always turned on?
exactly what OS are you using? if you're using the EFI from this thread, you need revert the blue tool kext back to bluetoothinjector kext if you're using Catalina

exactly what happens when you connect hdmi? once hdmi is plugged in and monitor is on, close the laptop lid and reopen it

exactly what OS are you using? if you're using the EFI from this thread, you need revert the blue tool kext back to bluetoothinjector kext if you're using Catalina
I'm running catalina now, i'll try and replace that kext to bluetoothinjector and try again. If I want to install Big Sur, will i have to change it back?

exactly what happens when you connect hdmi? once hdmi is plugged in and monitor is on, close the laptop lid and reopen it
Well, once I plug in the hdmi, screen stays black. Close the lid and reopen and nothing. Even tried to turn on laptop while hdmi already connected and no dice. I haven't tried again since I mentioned it to you. Trying to get the DW1820 to work. Is it compatible?

Attachments

• IMG_1A5F8BA2035C-1.jpeg
    IMG_1A5F8BA2035C-1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 102
I'm running catalina now, i'll try and replace that kext to bluetoothinjector and try again. If I want to install Big Sur, will i have to change it back?
no, you only need blue tool for Monterey+.

Well, once I plug in the hdmi, screen stays black. Close the lid and reopen and nothing. Even tried to turn on laptop while hdmi already connected and no dice. I haven't tried again since I mentioned it to you. Trying to get the DW1820 to work. Is it compatible?
are you getting wifi? if its Broadcom it should work. remove the bootargs for IGPU. you don't need them unless you're using a 4k resolution laptop

are you getting wifi? if its Broadcom it should work. remove the bootargs for IGPU. you don't need them unless you're using a 4k resolution laptop
I'm not getting any wifi at all, im in the process of installing windows on the laptop now and i'll check for sure if it's broadcom. So I remove every igpu bootargs?

Thank you so much for the guide it is very helpful! Have the same laptop with the same specs and everything worked perfectly on the first install. After this tried to do a install and use Migration Assistant from a prior hackintosh and none of the kexts seem to work now! Tried reinstalling everything with SIP enabled and just the default install no Migration Assistant still none of the kexts work. The install goes all the way through and boots into macOS but the only thing working is Wifi. Placed EFI folder onto the main drive EFI partition and no changes. Do you have any idea how to get this working again?

Thank you so much for the guide it is very helpful! Have the same laptop with the same specs and everything worked perfectly on the first install. After this tried to do a install and use Migration Assistant from a prior hackintosh and none of the kexts seem to work now! Tried reinstalling everything with SIP enabled and just the default install no Migration Assistant still none of the kexts work. The install goes all the way through and boots into macOS but the only thing working is Wifi. Placed EFI folder onto the main drive EFI partition and no changes. Do you have any idea how to get this working again?
the prior hackintosh backup, does this have the kext installed in S/L/E? what version of MacOS was it running? what boot loader were you using? you can also try reverting to your Big Sur install, and upgrade the Monterey Beta directly over your Big Sur install. sorry I was away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back