Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am stuck with trying to upgrade Open Core to the newest 0.73 - I have it all passing in OC-tool but it stops at the apple logo.

I have a great working 0.63 that updates macOS, works with Catalina and Big Sur.

I have been following the threads for dell 7573 i7 for some time and thankfully one of the first EFI builds I found worked right away for me and then I have been learning along the way ever since.

I'm thinking the 0.73 build probably has a lot of things it should in it still and possibly needs some items removed or updated as far as the kexts, etc but I'm not sure where to go from here.

I have attached the 0.63 that is working wonderfully - (Just add I believe its the MLB, Rom, System serial and System UUID for app store, imessage to work - I'm getting ready to test big sur upgrade to monterey beta 8 with this one)

I have also attached 0.73 that passes tests but stops at the apple logo with nothing loading.

Hopefully these EFI can help someone and hopefully someone can help me figure out how to get this 0.73 working.

Thank you in advance for any feedback and recommendations

Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1 / 7573 / Bios 1.19 / 2018 Version
8th Generation Intel i7-8550U @ 1.80Ghz (Kabylake R)
Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB
24GB 2400Mhz DDR4 ram - 2x16gb Chips
SK hynix SC311 SATA 512GB
Wifi - Broadcom Dell Wireless 1830 BCM43602, Bluetooth 4.1 LE
Audio - Realtec ALC295

Attachments

• EFI-0.63.zip
    22.4 MB · Views: 97
  • EFI-0.73.zip
    12.8 MB · Views: 157
Hello, I am stuck with trying to upgrade Open Core to the newest 0.73 - I have it all passing in OC-tool but it stops at the apple logo.

I have a great working 0.63 that updates macOS, works with Catalina and Big Sur.

I have been following the threads for dell 7573 i7 for some time and thankfully one of the first EFI builds I found worked right away for me and then I have been learning along the way ever since.

I'm thinking the 0.73 build probably has a lot of things it should in it still and possibly needs some items removed or updated as far as the kexts, etc but I'm not sure where to go from here.

I have attached the 0.63 that is working wonderfully - (Just add I believe its the MLB, Rom, System serial and System UUID for app store, imessage to work - I'm getting ready to test big sur upgrade to monterey beta 8 with this one)

I have also attached 0.73 that passes tests but stops at the apple logo with nothing loading.

Hopefully these EFI can help someone and hopefully someone can help me figure out how to get this 0.73 working.

Thank you in advance for any feedback and recommendations

Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1 / 7573 / Bios 1.19 / 2018 Version
8th Generation Intel i7-8550U @ 1.80Ghz (Kabylake R)
Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB
24GB 2400Mhz DDR4 ram - 2x16gb Chips
SK hynix SC311 SATA 512GB
Wifi - Broadcom Dell Wireless 1830 BCM43602, Bluetooth 4.1 LE
Audio - Realtec ALC295
boot verbose to see what the issue is

Here is what I got attached from the verbose

I have been doing some searches on the errors but haven't got a good lead as of yet on what to do to try to fix.

Any suggestions or help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• verbose.jpg
    verbose.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Here is what I got attached from the verbose

I have been doing some searches on the errors but haven't got a good lead as of yet on what to do to try to fix.

Any suggestions or help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated
sorry been busy at work. try disabling one of the voodooinput.kext either from voodoops2 package or the standalone voodooinput.kext

that did the trick thank you so much!

I got the 0.73 working and also even 0.74 working!

Monterey 12.01 booting just fine and seems to run a little smoother or faster to me than Big Sur

Attachments

• Dell 7573 0.74 v2.zip
    13.2 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Hello, I was wondering if you can help me with my problem. I tried using the files you provided in post #1/2 to try and get Catalina on my laptop, but it just isn't working. I changed the MLB, ROM, SystemProductName, SystemProductNumber, & SystemUUID but it doesn't even want to load.

At first before i found all this, I used the Dortania OpenCore Install Guide to try and make my own installer/EFI since people on r/hackintosh say that's the most up-to-date guide. I followed it as best I could but never even got to MacOS Recovery that way.

When I found your post, I downloaded it and instantly knew something was off. I compared how your file/folder looked, and the layout was different (image provided). I decided to delete everything I did following the Dortania guide and put your files on my USB, replacing some stuff along the way because my specs are a bit different than what you have. After doing what all that (and thinking i did it correctly), I tried to boot with it but didn't get very far.

I know that the files you provided are for an old version of OpenCore, and I don't really mind that. I was hopping to at least get MacOS Catalina running and then try and make BigSur/Monterey installer with OpenCore 0.7.4, but clearly that hasn't happened.

I was wondering if you you can help me either setup a new EFI for my laptop, or even help me understand what went wrong using your version.

PC Manufacturer: DELL
Model: Inspiron 7570 (TouchScreen +3840x2160)
Motherboard: DELL 0VRGPH (Unknown?)
CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U (Kaby Lake-R)
GPU: GeForce 940MX (Maxwell - GM108M) + Intel UHD Graphics 620
Chipset Model: ?
Keyboard, Touchpad & Touchscreen Type: ?
Audio Codec: Intel Kaby Lake HDMI + Realtek ALC295
Network Controller Models: Intel Dual Bank Wireless AC7265 + Realtek RTL8168/8111
Drive Model: Samsung PM961 NVMe 512GB

[Settings changed in BIOS]
BIOS: 1.20.0
System Integration < SATA Operation = AHCI
Security < PTT Security = OFF
Secure Boot < Secure Boot Enable = DISABLED
Intel Software Guard Extension < Intel SGX Enable = DISABLED
Post Behavior < Fastboot = MINIMAL

Attachments

• 1635703141628.png
    1635703141628.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 1635703199542.png
    1635703199542.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 1635703223313.png
    1635703223313.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 1635703265964.png
    1635703265964.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hello, I was wondering if you can help me with my problem. I tried using the files you provided in post #1/2 to try and get Catalina on my laptop, but it just isn't working. I changed the MLB, ROM, SystemProductName, SystemProductNumber, & SystemUUID but it doesn't even want to load.

At first before i found all this, I used the Dortania OpenCore Install Guide to try and make my own installer/EFI since people on r/hackintosh say that's the most up-to-date guide. I followed it as best I could but never even got to MacOS Recovery that way.

When I found your post, I downloaded it and instantly knew something was off. I compared how your file/folder looked, and the layout was different (image provided). I decided to delete everything I did following the Dortania guide and put your files on my USB, replacing some stuff along the way because my specs are a bit different than what you have. After doing what all that (and thinking i did it correctly), I tried to boot with it but didn't get very far.

I know that the files you provided are for an old version of OpenCore, and I don't really mind that. I was hopping to at least get MacOS Catalina running and then try and make BigSur/Monterey installer with OpenCore 0.7.4, but clearly that hasn't happened.

I was wondering if you you can help me either setup a new EFI for my laptop, or even help me understand what went wrong using your version.

Network Controller Models: Intel Dual Bank Wireless AC7265 + Realtek RTL8168/8111

hello there and thanks for your feedback. id be glad to help. Now lets see what we need to do. First, do you have ANY Computer that's running macOS currently? do you have a picture of where your installer stops? if you're using any of my files, be sure to remove the kext for the Broadcom wifi/bluetooth card, since you are using an intel wireless card. lets start there and see how far we can get.

I also have a much more detailed guide for macOS Monterey as well. that can be found here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...nterey-12-01-i7-8550u-uhd-620-4k-60hz.314332/. in ANY case, you will need a real Mac to get this working the easiest

EDIT: As I was writing this, my Inspiron 7570 seems to have booted to MacOS Monterey successfully. Not sure what made it work, since I've only been changing random things (comparing it to what you have) to try and get MacOS to download/install. Is there a way to test everything is working as its suppose to? Ex. Apple services, ports, etc...

EDIT #2: Camera, Wifi & Bluetooth don't work, and i dont know how to fix them. Also, after shutting down my laptop and removing USB, my laptop says it has no boot drive (f12 shows nothing). Is there a way to fix these problems?

That's the main problem. I don't own any Mac at all.

I've tried both your Catalina & Monterey version and both seem to have the same problem. I put all files on to my USB, adding/removing some things because I have an Intel WIFI/Bluetooth card (using kexts/files recommended by Dortania guide for my card).

When trying your Catalina/Monterey files, both lead me to some boot screen giving me multiple options to pick from. I try to find one that says

I've tried finding guides for my device specifically but I only ever get guides for Clover, which I don't want because people say its much more complicated when it comes to updating it or just in general outdated (that's what xxxxxx says at least).

I've tried making my own USB boot drive with OpenCore 0.7.4 using the Dortania guide but i never get very far. I always encounter errors and ask for help on xxxxxx (almost never get a response/supposed fixed don't work). I have both an [Inspiron 7570 - 4k Touch Laptop] & [Inspiron 5676 - AMD Desktop]. I've given up on the 5676, cause there is no guide to follow for this specific device and like before, making my own EFI and stuff hasn't worked at all.

This may be to much for me to ask but can you possibly configure a USB bootdrive for my device or even a video tutorial on how you made yours on your YT channel?
^I don't expect you to do either, but it would definitely help.

Last edited:
EDIT: As I was writing this, my Inspiron 7570 seems to have booted to MacOS Monterey successfully. Not sure what made it work, since I've only been changing random things (comparing it to what you have) to try and get MacOS to download/install. Is there a way to test everything is working as its suppose to? Ex. Apple services, ports, etc...

EDIT #2: Camera, Wifi & Bluetooth don't work, and i dont know how to fix them. Also, after shutting down my laptop and removing USB, my laptop says it has no boot drive (f12 shows nothing). Is there a way to fix these problems?

That's the main problem. I don't own any Mac at all.

I've tried both your Catalina & Monterey version and both seem to have the same problem. I put all files on to my USB, adding/removing some things because I have an Intel WIFI/Bluetooth card (using kexts/files recommended by Dortania guide for my card).

When trying your Catalina/Monterey files, both lead me to some boot screen giving me multiple options to pick from. I try to find one that says

I've tried finding guides for my device specifically but I only ever get guides for Clover, which I don't want because people say its much more complicated when it comes to updating it or just in general outdated (that's what xxxxxx says at least).

I've tried making my own USB boot drive with OpenCore 0.7.4 using the Dortania guide but i never get very far. I always encounter errors and ask for help on xxxxxx (almost never get a response/supposed fixed don't work). I have both an [Inspiron 7570 - 4k Touch Laptop] & [Inspiron 5676 - AMD Desktop]. I've given up on the 5676, cause there is no guide to follow for this specific device and like before, making my own EFI and stuff hasn't worked at all.

This may be to much for me to ask but can you possibly configure a USB bootdrive for my device or even a video tutorial on how you made yours on your YT channel?
^I don't expect you to do either, but it would definitely help.
I'm more than happy to help. however I don't know how to make an installer using windows. maybe you can use a friends Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back