Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
downgrade all your voodoops2 kext or you can use SSDT-Swap-CommandOption.dsl to change it back
Experienced some problems with the trackpad with the old voodoops2 kext but can't I just swap the modifier keys in system preferences?

wow you finally fixed it! yes you can update with no problem. let me know how that goes
Should I create a backup of my disk or clone my disk b4 updating in case I need to roll back to Catalina?

Experienced some problems with the trackpad with the old voodoops2 kext but can't I just swap the modifier keys in system preferences?
read the post correctly, you can downgrade voodoops2 OR YOU CAN use SSDT-Swap-CommandOption.dsl. I don't know of another way.

Should I create a backup of my disk or clone my disk b4 updating in case I need to roll back to Catalina?
you can do whatever suites your needs. I use time machine to backup, and migration assistant to migrate all my files to the new OS

read the post correctly, you can downgrade voodoops2 OR YOU CAN use SSDT-Swap-CommandOption.dsl. I don't know of another way.
sorry, I misunderstood your post.

you can also change the key modifiers in keyboard settings?
I thought so... that was what I meant... as you can see, I swapped my option key and my cmd key in the photo down below and it worked fine:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 8.19.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 8.19.15 PM.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 66
no sweat. I'm just glad you have a working useable hack. only took around 30 pages or so lol
Thank you so much @Mrgeque @Feartech for helping me out for the past two months. Couldn't finish my build without you. I've successfully updated to Big Sur and omg... the interface looks so fresh and nice! So far sleep/ wake is working fine but once again, I need to sleep it overnight to confirm. I've found a workaround for Intel Wi-Fi Drivers for macOS so now I'm actually using Wi-Fi with my Intel Wi-Fi card. Here's a photo down below to show that I'm actually running on Big Sur now and again thanks for all your help throughout this time. And gosh, I feel like 30 pages is already a lot!

I'll reach out to you if there are any more problems.

Edit: Slept it the entire night and wakes up right when I open the lid. Everything's working!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 8.13.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 8.13.59 PM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
@Mrgeque

Just another minor issue.
App Store not working again but this time, it's just completely blank when I open it up and it still refuses to sign in. Should I just follow the same guide you've posted in post #316?

Edit: I tried the guide, this time App Store isn't fixed.

EDIT (2): It's all fixed now. No worries

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 10.55.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 10.55.20 PM.png
    758.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back