Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried your EFI from post #305, I was able to boot into my OS but there isn't power nap in energy saver settings. Also, did you switch the command button from Alt to the Windows button?
you can try the efi that enabled you to boot, then change the configurations like you did in post #302

you can try the efi that enabled you to boot, then change the configurations like you did in post #302
Very exciting news.

So I replaced SSDT-PLUG.aml with SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml and surprisingly, it worked! Right now Power Nap is shown in both Batter and Power Adapter in my Energy Saver settings.

Very exciting news.

So I replaced SSDT-PLUG.aml with SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml and surprisingly, it worked! Right now Power Nap is shown in both Batter and Power Adapter in my Energy Saver settings.
have you tested sleep/ wake and everything else?

tested it overnight, everything seemed fine this morning, I opened up the lid and it turned right back on. Will test a couple more nights to confirm that it has fixed

Last edited:
There's another issue.

I can't sign in my Apple ID to the App Store. What I mean is, App Store refuses to login. When I login, nothing happens. There was no problem signing into iCloud or iTunes though. I used a different SMBIOS but didn't work. I tried two of my EFI's: the EFI labeled "working" is the current EFI I'm using that CANNOT sign into App Store. However, when I tried my old EFI (labeled "Hard Drive"), I WAS able to sign into the App Store. Can you please compare the two EFI's and see what's wrong?

Attachments

• EFI (working).zip
    5 MB · Views: 144
  • EFI (Hard Drive).zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
There's another issue.

I can't sign in my Apple ID to the App Store. What I mean is, App Store refuses to login. When I login, nothing happens. There was no problem signing into iCloud or iTunes though. I used a different SMBIOS but didn't work. I tried two of my EFI's: the EFI labeled "working" is the current EFI I'm using that CANNOT sign into App Store. However, when I tried my old EFI (labeled "Hard Drive"), I WAS able to sign into the App Store. Can you please compare the two EFI's and see what's wrong?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ this is the best I can offer

I would suggest not to change smbios from what you had working. maybe try new serial etc. but stick to the smbios that works for you.

Also try changing csr-active-config in config plist to what you have on the other plist that App Store works on
Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 5.46.39 PM.png

Last edited:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ this is the best I can offer

I would suggest not to change smbios from what you had working. maybe try new serial etc. but stick to the smbios that works for you.

Also try changing csr-active-config in config plist to what you have on the other plist that App Store works onView attachment 502908
Thank you. App Store is now working for me.

I think my sleep/ wake issue is pretty much fixed. I slept my laptop the second night and it woke right back up when I open the lid this morning. Will test it one last time to confirm

I really want to try updating to Big Sur but because I'm using the EFI you posted for Big Sur, should I try updating?

Last edited:
Also, any ideas on changing back the cmd key from windows key to alt key?
downgrade all your voodoops2 kext or you can use SSDT-Swap-CommandOption.dsl to change it back

Thank you. App Store is now working for me.

I think my sleep/ wake issue is pretty much fixed. I slept my laptop the second night and it woke right back up when I open the lid this morning. Will test it one last time to confirm

I really want to try updating to Big Sur but because I'm using the EFI you posted for Big Sur, should I try updating?
wow you finally fixed it! yes you can update with no problem. let me know how that goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back