Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@navaira do you know how to fix my problem in post #272 by any chance?

not like "didn't work," it's still stuck on the same error in post #272
have you tried using Big Sur to see if anything would change between the OS's?

@Feartech @Mrgeque

Got some updates.

So for the past couple of weeks, I've been trying out @navaira 's EFI in post #269 and I've been getting the same error from post #272. I configured and tried it again today, and I resolved the error, but now I am encountering a kernel panic at boot. I've attached all the information down below so please take a look:

Edit: I forgot to disable and remove DSDT.aml but now the problem is fixed

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3410.jpeg
    IMG_3410.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3411.jpeg
    IMG_3411.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
@Feartech @Mrgeque

Got some updates.

So for the past couple of weeks, I've been trying out @navaira 's EFI in post #269 and I've been getting the same error from post #272. I configured and tried it again today, and I resolved the error, but now I am encountering a kernel panic during boot. I've attached all the information down below so please take a look:

Edit: I forgot to disable and remove DSDT.aml but now the problem is fixed
been mentioned before not to use a DSDT.aml with opencore and even worse to use a DSDT from another laptop

been mentioned before not to use a DSDT.aml with opencore and even worse to use a DSDT from another laptop
Got it, thank you. Now my boot is stuck at this section right here. Can you take a look to see what is going on

Attachments

• IMG_3412[1].JPG
    IMG_3412[1].JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
Got it, thank you. Now my boot is stuck at this section right here. Can you take a look to see what is going on
maybe some battery patching issues from your screenshot? also with battery hotpatch, normally some renames are needed in your config.plist

try with SMCBatteryManger.kext instead of ACPIBatteryManager.kext

XhciPortLimit should be disabled when you have setup your usbports

maybe some battery patching issues from your screenshot? also with battery hotpatch, normally some renames are needed in your config.plist

try with SMCBatteryManger.kext instead of ACPIBatteryManager.kext

XhciPortLimit should be disabled when you have setup your usbports
it's still stuck on the same error, except now there is one more line that says
apfs_keybag_init:1583: failed to initialize volume keybag, err = 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back