Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
RX 5700 XT + UHD 630 (disabled)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Image.jpeg
Introduction

Ive Seen a few Posts about this Laptop as a Hackintosh in Various Places. I have yet to see an "Easy and Clean" Guide since my hacking this laptop(10.13.6 - 10.14.6), (Clover). Loved Clover since it taught me so much, but very difficult to maintain for the average "non" Hackintosh inclined mind. So With the enhancements of the OC Bootloader and the Desire to have a 100% working Hackintosh Laptop, I decided to take the jump to OpenCore. I must say, I'm so Pleased with the Results. I won't do a step by step. Ill make a video for that. Instead, what I've done is made this complete and ready for Install. If possible, Id like users with this laptop (or similar) to use this OC zip as baseline for simple complete configuration and to give FEEDBACK please. Just download the OC.zip,(Change MLB, SUUID, Serial and ROM) Place Onto your installer, mount EFI partition (After Installation) and transfer to your SSD or HD. Enjoy!

Specifications:
Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1 / 7573 / Bios 1.17 / 2018 Version
8th Generation Intel i7-8550U @ 1.80Ghz (Kabylake R)
Intel UHD 620 - UltraHighDef - 3840x2160 - 4K Display - Touch
32GB 2400Mhz DDR4 ram - 2x16gb Chips
Samsung PM871b M.2 SSD 512GB - (Stock)
Wifi - Dell DW1830 - (Swapped Intel 7265)
Bluetooth - BCM2045A0
Nvidia MX130 (Disabled)

Whats Running:
OpenCore 0.6.0
Catalina 10.15.7 (Installed 10.15.6 and Upgraded 15.7)
tempImageMkqfVr.jpg

What Works:
Ill make a List for Reference, But Simply Put, EVERYTHING WORKS!
Battery Indicator
WiFi (DW1830) credits @jaymonkey
Bluetooth
Display Brightness Slider (SSDT-SMEE) and Patch *** Credit @sebasinparis
Brightness Keys (Native)*** Credit @sebasinparis
Graphics Acceleration (QE/Cl)
TouchScreen (With Gestures)
TrackPad (With Gestures)
Power Management
WebCam
iMessage
HandOff
AirDrop
HDMI 3840x2160 @60Hz
USB-C
USB-C (DisplayPort) 4K @60Hz
USB-3 @5Gps
USB-2 @480Mbps
SD Card Reader @480Mbps
USB-C DisplayPort HotPlug / UnPlug
HDMI HotPlug / UnPlug
HDMI Sound
Sound ALC295
Siri
Microphone (internal)
AirPlay
KeyBoard Illumination
KeyBoard FN Keys (Play,Pause,Rewind,Mute, Volume)
USB-C Charging
FaceTime
HeadPhone Combo Jack (ColdBoot, Awake, Reboot) *** Credits @sebasinparis
FN + Insert = Instant Sleep
CTRL + Insert = Power Mode Dialog Box

What Doesn't Work:

Unlock With Apple Watch Only works Half the time. (So I did Not add to working)

Conclusion
In conclusion, the above mentioned is NOT a Tutorial. If You're looking for a better knowledge base on creating an installer, multi booting, the function of kext, compiling DSDT's ETC...... This is NOT the Guide for you. This Guide Will serve as a baseline Configuration for this SPECIFIC laptop model in OpenCore starting from Catalina. I highly recommend all to do some background research on Hackintoshing since knowledge is POWER anyway. I will maintain this Archive as long as I own this laptop. If you have any suggestions, tweaks, mods, or information that can make this Better, feel free to Chime in. I Hope this was Short and Sweet!
Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 12.06.33 AM.png

Credits
@jaymonkey
@Feartech *****
@RehabMan
@sebasinparis (Profound Contributor)

***** This Guide Was The Driving Force of My OpenCore Understanding *****

Attachments

• OC_757*_Complete.zip
    62.3 MB · Views: 1,428
Last edited:
ChangeLog:
11/25/2020

1. Removed SSDT-BRT6 with Patch and Add SSDT-SMEE with Patch (For Native Brightness Key Controls)
  2. Enabled HeadPhone ComboJack Support Add 'alc-verbs=1' to BootArgs (Post #96 files, post #101 instructions)
  3. Outlined Ctrl + Insert = Power Control Dialog Box
  4. Outlined FN + Insert = Instant Sleep
  5. Released Updated OC_757*_Complete.zip (Packed Bundle Reflecting Above Changes)

Attachments

• ALC295PlugFix .zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 397
  • OC_757*_Complete.zip
    62.3 MB · Views: 595
Last edited:
I probably put mine in the wrong spot...

My device is just slightly different. But nice work. I'll have to look into what you have to see if anything in your OpenCore is worth me making the jump for.
Honestly, My OpenCore config for this platform is the MOST COMPLETE that I've seen. the MODS here can tell you how long I've been working on this platform and finally it is 100%. Try out my EFI and give me a report please. May have to tweak for your setup since you have i5 and 1080p

Last edited:
I have the updated version of your Dell. I have the Inspiron 7586 with the i7-8565u. How did you get your touchpad to work?

are you using clover or OpenCore? what do you currently have installed? config.plist is set correctly?

are you using clover or OpenCore? what do you currently have installed? config.plist is set correctly?
I'm using Opencore. My plist is maybe set correctly? Is it some patches I'm missing? and is your touchpad i2c elan

I'm using Opencore. My plist is maybe set correctly? Is it some patches I'm missing? and is your touchpad i2c elan
I can't tell what you're missing without seeing it. my trackpad is Synaptics, however I'm using voodoops2 controller and voodoohid kext. is your touchscreen working? upload your oc.zip

I can't tell what you're missing without seeing it. my trackpad is Synaptics, however I'm using voodoops2 controller and voodoohid kext. is your touchscreen working? upload your oc.zip
I tried to post but I think it was deleted by a admin or something

Attachments

• OC.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 238
I tried to post but I think it was deleted by a admin or something
I think you need to check your voodooPs2 kext in your config.plist. you have too many voodoo kext and plugins active. you need to go through them and see which ones you need. try disabling voodooi2cElan , voodoops2trackpad, and enabling voodoops2controller. also try enabling:

VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext.

when I have a minute later, if you haven't resolved it, ill try to fix up your config.plist
**** also the entries that are shown in the screenshot and wrong, look at the structure and re-do them

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.20.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.20.50 AM.png
    173 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back