Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you saying that your sleep-wake doesn't work in the OC file attached below?
It does – but I had to add two extra edits to the DSDT file in addition to what I originally explained in my earlier Clover guide, then recompile it.

@Silent99 – I attach my EFI folder as it is right now. Bear in mind I have updated my BIOS to the latest version (in Windows) – could this be the problem? I think you might also need to generate your own DSDT, but I am using the same one as before plus two wake patches mentioned earlier in the thread – and it worked without those patches as well, only sleep was broken.

@Mrgeque – updating Lilu to 1.5.0 breaks the boot (Mojave). It stops on an error even Google doesn't seem to have seen before:

Busy timeout[0], (60s): 'BAT1', 'IODisplayWrangler'

I don't expect you to solve it, of course :) just a warning that Lilu 1.5.0 is problematic. (I also updated OC to 0.6.4 and WhateverGreen to the latest version, no problems from either. Only Lilu.)
I tried booting with your OC but right when it booted up, it said something like "Failed to load configuration." How can I fix this?

Edit: okay I got past the "Failed to load configuration" part but now this error pops up. Take a look below:

Attachments

• IMG_3352.jpg
    IMG_3352.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
  • EFI.zip
    19.4 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
@navaira

are there any solutions to my post above?

@Silent99 – I attach my EFI folder as it is right now. Bear in mind I have updated my BIOS to the latest version (in Windows) – could this be the problem? I think you might also need to generate your own DSDT, but I am using the same one as before plus two wake patches mentioned earlier in the thread – and it worked without those patches as well, only sleep was broken.

@Mrgeque – updating Lilu to 1.5.0 breaks the boot (Mojave). It stops on an error even Google doesn't seem to have seen before:

Busy timeout[0], (60s): 'BAT1', 'IODisplayWrangler'

I don't expect you to solve it, of course :) just a warning that Lilu 1.5.0 is problematic. (I also updated OC to 0.6.4 and WhateverGreen to the latest version, no problems from either. Only Lilu.)
Thanks! All working well now with Big Sur, very exciting. I hope you post a new guide for Big Sur for others and so we can discuss possible performance improvements. I don't want to hijack this thread discussing a different system, but did want to thank you!

Thanks! All working well now with Big Sur, very exciting. I hope you post a new guide for Big Sur for others and so we can discuss possible performance improvements. I don't want to hijack this thread discussing a different system, but did want to thank you!
was the OC folder @navaira posted working for you? for me it couldn't boot for some reason; see post 272

was the OC folder @navaira posted working for you? for me it couldn't boot for some reason; see post 272
Big Sur wouldn't load after the first post-installation boot, hanging in the same spot as yours but with different error messages. For me, the solution was to clone the drive to an external SSD with CCC then back again. The issue was solved after that and the install has worked flawlessly since then (on same Yoga laptop as Navaira's). I performed the clone while in my original installation boot up, since CCC would not allow a lower version (Catalina) perform a clone of an updated version.

Big Sur wouldn't load after the first post-installation boot, hanging in the same spot as yours but with different error messages. For me, the solution was to clone the drive to an external SSD with CCC then back again. The issue was solved after that and the install has worked flawlessly since then (on same Yoga laptop as Navaira's). I performed the clone while in my original installation boot up, since CCC would not allow a lower version (Catalina) perform a clone of an updated version.
are you running 4k @60hz?

still not sure what's my problem in post 272, do you have any ideas? @Feartech you can help out with this too
the error means you have done something wrong in your booter quirks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back