Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Big Sur 11.4 - OC 0.7.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Feartech for your help, I just get my new wifi card and works perfect, I did some test and I have 2 issues
1. the webcam only shows a black screen
2. Using fn+insert goes to sleep but then the computer restart

Do you know how to solve this.

Thanks Feartech for your help, I just get my new wifi card and works perfect, I did some test and I have 2 issues
1. the webcam only shows a black screen
2. Using fn+insert goes to sleep but then the computer restart

Do you know how to solve this.
the guide in post 1 mentions it is working ok?

the guide in post 1 mentions it is working ok?
I have the same laptop as Mrgueque and I used his efi, I just removed the wifi & bt kexts because I changed my card but I don't think that this has something related with the cam, attached you will find my efi.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    59.8 MB · Views: 130
I have the same laptop as Mrgueque and I used his efi, I just removed the wifi & bt kexts because I changed my card but I don't think that this has something related with the cam, attached you will find my efi.
XhciPortLimit should be disabled as you have your usb ports already setup

other than that, maybe Mrgeque may have some idea

sorry I have been away. if you're using my efi everything should work. like @Feartech said, you may need to setup your usb map and kext for your device specifically. try checking in bios to see if all of you're peripherals are enabled,

@Mrgeque

Hey, I'm back. Is there a way where I can completely disable my Nvidia GPU when running my hackintosh since it's not gonna be used?

@Mrgeque

Hey, I'm back. Is there a way where I can completely disable my Nvidia GPU when running my hackintosh since it's not gonna be used?
how do you know its active? -wegnoegpu to boot args and SSDT-Disble_DGPU could help for starters. however if you're using any of my EFI, it should already be disabled

Atteched a screenshot as reference, thank you!
sorry for late reply, click on 'GO' at top of your screen. scroll down to go to folder. input /usr/local/. and create a folder named bin within the local folder. if you did not upgrade from Catalina directly, this folder is not present in Big Sur. then continue on with the instructions. keep in mind, you have to use ALC kext 1.54 or older for this to work correctly. ill update the instructions for the ALC fix in my Big Sur guide. try and report back
@cyberlex2020

1. Place ALL files into The created bin folder.
2. rebuild kextcache
3.open terminal, then cd /usr/local/bin
4. place the install.sh file FROM WITHIN the created bin folder into terminal. press enter
5.when prompted, place the ALC295.plist FROM WITHIN the created bin folder into terminal, press enter
6. done. no need to restart

Last edited:
Hi @Mrgeque and thank you for your guide. I think there is prob with this EFI folder you gave.
I've got the same laptop and this is my error screen :(
IMG_20210420_185655.jpg

Thanks guys for your help

Hi @Mrgeque and thank you for your guide. I think there is prob with this EFI folder you gave.
I've got the same laptop and this is my error screen :(
View attachment 515793
Thanks guys for your help
there's nothing wrong with the EFI, I believe there is something wrong with your bios settings or the way you have it configured. post your EFI and screenshot your bios settings. although I'm not 100 percent sure, I believe you have legacy roms enabled in BIOS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back