Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Big Sur 11.4 - OC 0.7.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's nothing wrong with the EFI, I believe there is something wrong with your bios settings or the way you have it configured. post your EFI and screenshot your bios settings. although I'm not 100 percent sure, I believe you have legacy roms enabled in BIOS
thanks for your help bro ;). Seems to work fine except for the sound :(

thanks for your help bro ;). Seems to work fine except for the sound :(
Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 18.25.40.png

And this error

Last edited:
have you rebuilt kextcache?what part of your sound is NOT working? did you reset NVRAM? once again, its YOU and YOUR configuration. you'll need to post your efi and screenshot bios for further assistance
View attachment 515866
Hi @Mrgeque, So I followed all your advices.
Rebuilt kextcache = check
Reset Nvram = check
On a Inspiron 7773 it's hard to tell if I use a ACL295 or an other :(
How to interpret thoses errors bellow please ? :/
Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 10.58.58.png

Hi @Mrgeque, So I followed all your advices.
Rebuilt kextcache = check
Reset Nvram = check
On a Inspiron 7773 it's hard to tell if I use a ACL295 or an other :(
How to interpret thoses errors bellow please ? :/View attachment 515878
now we are getting somewhere. 1st, we have different laptops if you have a 7773. 2nd you're using ocvalidate from 0.6.7 my latest efi uses OC 0.6.8. 3rd those errors are because you're using an older OCvalidate from 0.6.7 and NOT the one from 0.6.8

Dell Precision 7720
OpenCore 0.7
ALC295
Layout-id = 13

Sound is working fine from the laptop speakers, but not from the headphone jack. I can hear some sound when I made the volume low but it's not clear. When I increase the volume it will stop.

It recognize the headphone when I plug it in. I am on the AppleAlC 1.6.1

Can I use your ALC295PlugFix solution or it may break the boot? Thanks!

NOTE: To get Headphones to work you need to download my ALC295 file and follow these instructions;
1 **(if this is a fresh install, the bin folder will NOT be present. Simply create a folder named 'bin' under /usr/local/ and put the appropriate files into it, then continue with the installation)**
2. select GO at top of finder home screen menu. navigate to 'go to folder' input /usr/local/. create a folder named bin within the local folder.
2. Place com.black-dragon74.ALCPlugFix.plist into Library/LaunchAgents
3. Place ALL files into The created bin folder.
4. rebuild kextcache
5. open terminal, then cd /usr/local/bin
6. place the install.sh file FROM WITHIN the created bin folder into terminal. press enter
7.when prompted, place the ALC295.plist FROM WITHIN the created bin folder into terminal, press enter
8. done. no need to restart
Hi,

I just tried this and it broke the Audio again (grayed out). How can I remove the configuration it made from the terminal before removing the files please?

Hi,

I just tried this and it broke the Audio again (grayed out). How can I remove the configuration it made from the terminal before removing the files please?
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Hi,

sorry for late reply. you need an older version of applealc kext. older than 1.5 for my method to work

where i can find this notebook for buy? Or something cool like this? there is no offer on ebay neither amazon neither dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back