Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Once you have your Clover configuration all setup, reboot the laptop and boot with “-f” (no caches) to be able to rebuild the system kext caches."

Could someone please explain this to me? I don't understand how to do It. I looked under boot options and didn't see how to do this. Thanks

With current Clover, "without caches" is available from the menu accessed with the spacebar.

hi, i actually successfully installed this on my 7567 (the i5 version with 1050)
but when i tried the last step which is tried to boot this on my internal HDD it was boot looping, i follow every step like setting the bios, etc. including set the smbios, and even try to change OsxAptioFixDrv2.efi to OsxAptioFixDrv.efi (i don't know if that's gonna affect my problem or not) but it's still boot looping
i install this on HDD because the i5 version that i bought doesn't come with SSD

here is the verbose that i record so that you can analyze my issue

ps: when i boot via my usb stick it works flawlessly

hi, i actually successfully installed this on my 7567 (the i5 version with 1050)
but when i tried the last step which is tried to boot this on my internal HDD it was boot looping, i follow every step like setting the bios, etc. including set the smbios, and even try to change OsxAptioFixDrv2.efi to OsxAptioFixDrv.efi (i don't know if that's gonna affect my problem or not) but it's still boot looping
i install this on HDD because the i5 version that i bought doesn't come with SSD

here is the verbose that i record so that you can analyze my issue

ps: when i boot via my usb stick it works flawlessly

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi, I actually successfully installed this on my 7567 (the i5 version with 1050).
But, when I tried the last step, which is tried to boot this on my internal HDD, it was boot looping. I follow every step like setting the BIOS, etc., including set the SMBIOS, and even try to change OsxAptioFixDrv2.efi to OsxAptioFixDrv.efi. (I don't know if that's gonna affect my problem or not.) But, it's still boot looping
I install this on HDD because the i5 version that I bought doesn't come with SSD.

Here is the verbose that I recorded so that you can analyze my issue

PS: when iI boot via my USB stick, it works flawlessly

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I actually successfully installed this on my 7567 (the i5 version with 1050).
But, when I tried the last step, which is tried to boot this on my internal HDD, it was boot looping. I follow every step like setting the BIOS, etc., including set the SMBIOS, and even try to change OsxAptioFixDrv2.efi to OsxAptioFixDrv.efi. (I don't know if that's gonna affect my problem or not.) But, it's still boot looping
I install this on HDD because the i5 version that I bought doesn't come with SSD.

Here is the verbose that I recorded so that you can analyze my issue

PS: when iI boot via my USB stick, it works flawlessly

It might be helpful for you to determine which kext is causing the panic.

Note that your config.plist lacks a patch for the kernel for _xcpm_idle, which is necessary with the SMBIOS you're using.

It might be helpful for you to determine which kext is causing the panic.
how can i do that? deleting the kext one by one?
Note that your config.plist lacks a patch for the kernel for _xcpm_idle, which is necessary with the SMBIOS you're using.
what should i do? does changing mac model gonna solve this? i really have no clue :(

update: i try to remove all post-installation kext and replace it with the one that i use on usb stick and still not working, maybe the problem is not from kext
update again: try to change mac model, still doesn't work
update again: it works! turns out when i try to change mac model for the second time it doesn't boot loop, but i have some other issues tho

1. when my laptop goes to sleep and try to wake it up, the screen just go black with dim on the screen, i had to force shutdown using power button and turn it on again and the screen went back to normal
2. the energy saver settings on syspref is not saving, meaning when i change the setting and i reboot the laptop the setting came back to defaults

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
but i have some other issues tho

1. when my laptop goes to sleep and try to wake it up, the screen just go black with dim on the screen, i had to force shutdown using power button and turn it on again and the screen went back to normal
2. the energy saver settings on syspref is not saving, meaning when i change the setting and i reboot the laptop the setting came back to defaults

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

What is DVMT-prealloc set to?
i think its 96 MB because when i check the BIOS my video memory is 64 MB

the energy saver problem is somewhat fixed (i don't know why because i didn't do anything), but the sleep issue is still exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back