Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 UHD (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
rehabman here is the screenshot of my dell 7559 1 tb hdd partition with the last partition 10 HFS+ placeholder for installation of windows 10 on volume 10 ...only the efi partition appear on the installer

Attachments

• windows install.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 164
rehabman here is the screenshot of my dell 7559 1 tb hdd partition with the last partition 10 HFS+ placeholder for installation of windows 10 on volume 10 ...only the efi partition appear on the installer

What is the output of 'sudo fdisk /dev/disk0'?

hi

will this guide work for 7568 UHD 6500u version? the difference seems is only the cpu and gpu.
I think it'll work. By the way, don't forget to use the same boot flags and settings. Then, follow the instructions.

I think it'll work. By the way, don't forget to use the same boot flags and settings. Then, follow the instructions.
Thanks.

use bootflags: 'nv_disable=1' and 0x19160000 as ig-platform-id?

but 7568 6500u comes with 520 and does not have nvdia GPU, do not need to change flag and id?

Thanks.

but 7568 6500u comes with 520 and does not have nvdia GPU, do not need to change flag and id?

Sorry it was my mistake. I've just checked your Dell's details. If you doesn't have the NVIDIA GPU simply don't use nv_disable=1 then, use 0x19160000 as ig-platform-id for the installation ONLY. After installing, continue with the guide.

Thanks.

nv_disable=1 has no effect without Nvidia graphics. Although it is not needed, it also doesn't cause a problem to include it.

Of course, you still need a correct ig-platform-id.

Note that UHD requires patched IOKit...

rehabman here is the result of my fdisk at terminal...is there something wrong? why i can see only efi partition-300mb at windows 10 installer?

Attachments

• P_20160629_002006.jpg
    P_20160629_002006.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 241
rehabman here is the result of my fdisk at terminal...is there something wrong? why i can see only efi partition-300mb at windows 10 installer?

fdisk output is as expected for GPT disk.

Your profile is not filled out, so I have no idea what hardware you have...

Perhaps Windows is not seeing your disk at all. Is it an NVMe SSD? Maybe you need to load drivers for it...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

It's dell 7559 uhd i7-6700 hq..1 tb seagate hybrid hdd sshd..16gb eam

It's dell 7559 uhd i7-6700 hq..1 tb seagate hybrid hdd sshd..16gb eam

All details requested must be present in your profile, as requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back