Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 UHD (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 7559-I75595012GRY (Clover)
CPU
i7-6700HQ/Skylake H07
Graphics
HD530/3840x2160
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
2IKNZO.png

The main goal of this thread is to build a GUIDE for the Dell Inspiron 15 7559 UHD variation, installing Windows + El Capitan on a single drive, using Clover.

First of all, I want to give credits to the original guide for the FHD variation of this laptop. Thus, this guide will be based on it. http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...e-i7-6700hq-intel-hd-530-using-clover.191921/

AS 6/30/2016
THIS GUIDE IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED, FOLLOW THIS ONE INSTEAD http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...boot-step-by-step-guide-for-beginners.196138/

AS 6/20/2016

What is working:
Graphics Acceleration (slightly slow when using Dashboard because of 7559's high-res), Keyboard & Touchpad, Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB ports (both 3.0 and 2.0), Backlit keyboard, iCloud, Keychain, Maps, Mail, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, iTunes, iBooks, AppStore...

What is not working (and is expected to be fixed soon):
Audio, Microphone, Audio/Mic port, Battery (status), iMessage, iChat, Backlight level adjustment, Sleep, Restarts, SD Slot, WiFi (since I don't own the BCM9435Z).

You'll need:

8GB (or larger) USB 2.0 to create OS X installer - 16GB recommended
Access to a real Mac or Hackintosh
Laptop below
Dell 7559 UHD Package - download below

Dell Inspiron 7559 UHD
Intel Core i7-6700HQ with IGPU Intel HD Graphics 530
8GB DDR3L (single channel)
1TB HDD 5400rpm
15.6" IPS 3840x2160 touchscreen
Intel 3165AC WiFi + Bluetooth
NVIDIA GTX 960M 4GB DDR5
Realtek ALC256

A) GPT Check/Convert
First, we want to make sure that our drive is configured as GPT. For doing this, disconnect all other disks (e.g. USB devices) and then press [Windows Key] + [X] and choose Command Prompt (Admin). Once there, write and execute the following commands:

Code:
diskpart
list disk

You'll see the disk list, where Disk 0 is your main drive. If your disk is configured as GPT, you'll se a * under the Gpt column. Then, you're ready to go. - SKIP TO STEP B

If not, do a full backup of your data. Then, use a USB drive to create Windows installer using Microsoft's Download Tool, boot from there, then, open a console window (Shift + F10) once there, write and execute the following commands:

Code:
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0  \\\\\ note: disk number (in this case 0) means the HDD where you want to install Windows + Mac OS X.
clean          \\\\\ THIS WILL COMPLETELY ERASE YOUR DRIVE. Make sure you've done a full backup of your data.

Then, close the console window and install Windows. Set it up as you like.

B) Create partition for OS X
Install MacDrive from Mediafour to create a partition for OS X. Open MacDrive and click create. You can now create a HFS+ partition on your main drive. So, in my case I partitioned a HFS+ partition with 268GB and left 732GB for use in Windows. Close MacDrive after you successfully created the drive. Name it as you like.

C) Create bootable OS X Installer

This must be done on a real Mac or Hackintosh (don't try to create it on a VM, it simply won't work)(English systems ONLY)
I'm going to refer to the tonymacx86 tutorial here: UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC.

In UniBeast choose El Capitan, UEFI, no graphics.

On the real Mac or hackintosh download Clover Configurator, KextBeast and MultiBeast here: tonymacx86 Downloads | tonymacx86.com. Move these apps to the installer USB just created. You can find Clover Configurator under Community Software.

Also download Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller.kext to make sure you can navigate during the installation here: RehabMan / OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller / Downloads ó Bitbucket

Place the kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/

D) BIOS Settings
It's reported that hackintoshing on this computer won't work if BIOS version is 1.1.7 or newer, I have BIOS version 1.1.5 so make sure you check that. You can download each version from Dell's website under drivers.

Reboot and access the BIOS setup by pressing F2 (if it doesnít work hold Delete while booting and press F2 continuously).

Select AHCI under SATA
Disable secure boot, keep legacy boot enabled
Disable Advanced Battery Charging
Disable VT for direct I/O
Disable Virtualization (if you have "Bluetooth not available" issues after installation)

Save changes and turn off the laptop.

E) Install OS X El Capitan

Before booting, disconnect all USBs and charger. This is necessary for booting this particular laptop. As soon as you see Dell's logo, plug in the USB created with UniBeast. Boot from the USB by pressing F12 on boot. Clover will load. Under Options, use these bootflags: 'nv_disable=1' and '-v' without quotes. Under PCI Devices, make sure USB Ownership is enabled. Make sure Inject Intel is checked under Graphics Injector menu. And then, use 0x19160000 as ig-platform-id. Go back to the main menu and boot OS X Installer from USB.

If everything is set correctly, you will see a whole bunch of lines before reaching the installer. If you don't, you've probably done something wrong.

Once the installer is reached, choose Disk Utility from the top bar under Utilities. You will see your internal HFS+ partition, click on it, in the top bar, go to Archive and Enable Journaling. Close Disk Utility if you enabled it and now you can install El Capitan on this partition.

Once installed, it will reboot automatically, make sure you boot again from the installer USB. Add the boot flags and options above before booting El Capitan but use 0x12345678 as ig-platform-id. Everything will be ultra small since graphics driver is deactivated.

Set it up as you like, choose no internet. As soon as you log-in, set screen resolution to 1920x1080 scaled.

D) Post Installation

Drag MultiBeast, KextBeast and Clover Configurator from the installer USB to your desktop. Open Clover Configurator and mount internal EFI (something like disk0s1). Open EFI partition and drag EFI/Microsoft to desktop. Eject the OS X Installer USB.

Open MultiBeast and under Quick Start select UEFI Boot Mode. Under Drivers > Network, choose RealtekRTL8111. Under Customize > System Definitions, choose MacBook Pro 11,2. Choose build and install on OS X drive.

Open EFI/Clover/config.plist. Clover configurator will open. Go to Boot and under Arguments check dart=0, nv_disable=1 and kext-dev-mode=1, leave the rest unchecked. Under Devices; check FixOwnership, AddClockID, Inject. Under GUI, uncheck Legacy under Scan. Under Graphics, check inject Intel and use 0x12345678 as ig-platform-id. Close Clover configurator.

Move the directory Microsoft from desktop to EFI/. Open Microsoft/Boot/ and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi. If you don't do this Microsoft boot manager will bypass Clover.

Download the Dell 7559 UHD package (download below) and drop it on your OS X desktop. Place the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext file from Desktop/Dell_7559_UHD/kexts/ on your desktop. Open KextBeast and follow instructions to install the kext file to System/Library/Extensions/.

Reboot and enter BIOS Setup by pressing F2. Go to Boot tab, and open File Browser Del Boot Option. Delete Mac OS X. Then, open File Browser Add Boot Option, select your drive (something like STXXXXXXX-XXXXXXX - Partition 1) then EFI\Clover\CloverX64.efi. Name it as you like (In my case, I named it as CLOVER). Open Boot Option #1 and choose CLOVER -or any name that you've set a moment ago-. Go to Exit tab, and select Save Changes. TURN OFF your laptop, then disconnect any external device attached (USBs and charger). Power it on.

You can now boot without the installer USB and choose between Windows 10 and El Capitan in Clover. Ethernet will work, for more see below. (guide assumes you have Ethernet connection).

E) IOKit Framework patch
In order to configure our display adapter properly, first we'll need to patch the IOKit framework. For doing so, we're going to use the-darkvoid's XPS9530.sh script.

Open a terminal and run:

Code:
curl -o XPS9530.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX/master/XPS9530.sh
chmod +x XPS9530.sh
./XPS9530.sh --patch-iokit

F) Graphics Settings
Open MultiBeast, and under Customize select Graphics Configuration and check Intel HD 530.

D) Clover Settings
Open Clover Configurator and UPDATE Clover. Make sure you're on Clover revision 3556 or newer.
Open EFI/Clover/config.plist. Under Graphics, Inject Intel and use 0x191b0000 as ig-platform-id.
Go to File > Save then close Clover Configurator.

You can also use the config.plist that I've attached on the 7559 UHD package below.

You're done! I'll be updating this guide constantly to make everything work. Remember: It's always necessary to boot without any device connected (USB, Charger, Ethernet, etc.)

Warning: Do NOT defragment your drive. Otherwise you won't be able to boot OS X !!!

Attachments

• Dell 7559 UHD.zip
    195.7 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:
Notes:
- why recommend Synaptics PS2 kext but then attach ELAN ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext? It might be wise to use the same kext in each scenario.
- ig-platform-id in config.plist has a small typo '0x191b0000x' should be '0x191b0000'. There should be no trailing 'x'. I noticed you made the same mistake in the text of the guide as well.

Notes:
- why recommend Synaptics PS2 kext but then attach ELAN ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext? It might be wise to use the same kext in each scenario.
- ig-platform-id in config.plist has a small typo '0x191b0000x' should be '0x191b0000'. There should be no trailing 'x'. I noticed you made the same mistake in the text of the guide as well.

config.plist updated, guide updated. thanks!
And also...
I've used Synaptics PS2 kext for the installation only then the ELAN ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kext is necessary for using touchpad functions like two finger scrolling, two finger clic, etc.

config.plist updated, guide updated. thanks!
And also...
I've used Synaptics PS2 kext for the installation only then the ELAN ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kext is necessary for using touchpad functions like two finger scrolling, two finger clic, etc.

You might as well use the ELAN kext during installation too...

I'm just saying people will be confused over which kext to actually use...
The original guide is actually the same on this aspect...

hi

will this guide work for 7568 UHD 6500u version? the difference seems is only the cpu and gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back