Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Ventura 13.0.1 EFI. Create and use your own serials, UUID, etc. All working normal. Enjoy :)
Ventura 13.1 Update works flawless also. :headbang:

Attachments

• EFI-Kaby Dell 7559.zip
    31.8 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Ventura 13.0.1 EFI. Create and use your own serials, UUID, etc. All working normal. Enjoy :)
Ventura 13.1 Update works flawless also. :headbang:
Thanks for posting EFI!

Edit: If you get OC: grabbed zero system-id for SB, this is not allowed when booting Opencore do this.
Go to Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel in the config.plist file and make sure is set to Disabled and then save it and make snapshot (using propertree)

Also the installer will get stuck if you leave the config.plist without platform info (system ID, board no, etc). This efi has those blanks so you need to generate those yourself using GenSmBIOS or you will not boot.

Last edited:
External dispaly when connected remains black (no output). I wonder if that can be fixed. Other than that working just fine.
(Mac OS Ventura 13.1, using EFI file posted above by slipanot)

External dispaly when connected remains black (no output). I wonder if that can be fixed. Other than that working just fine.
I have never been able to get my hdmi port to work correctly. Glad the EFI works for you :)

I have noticed that the USB ports are not in the correct setup. "Switching to a 14,3 I'm sure did it". I tried to remap using USBINJECTALL.kext and also xhciportlimit in OC. But to no avail. For some reason it does not see my internal usb items "Bluetooth,etc" or when a USB 2.0 device is plugged in. Currently I'm using a USB dongle to get Bluetooth working in this configuration. Strangely the trackpad works flawless and with all gestures. Let me know if your having the same issues with bluetooth?

I have noticed that the USB ports are not in the correct setup. "Switching to a 14,3 I'm sure did it". I tried to remap using USBINJECTALL.kext and also xhciportlimit in OC. But to no avail. For some reason it does not see my internal usb items "Bluetooth,etc" or when a USB 2.0 device is plugged in. Currently I'm using a USB dongle to get Bluetooth working in this configuration. Strangely the trackpad works flawless and with all gestures. Let me know if your having the same issues with bluetooth?
14,1 is recommended for Kabylake laptop, as you are using a Skylake (and posting in Mojave thread) then best to use 13,1

14,1 is recommended for Kabylake laptop, as you are using a Skylake (and posting in Mojave thread) then best to use 13,1
Need to use 14,3 SMBIOS to get Ventura to boot on this laptop. 14,1 Boots to Black screen. Until Ventura I have used a 13,3 SMBIOS without issues.

Latest Ventura EFI for the Dell 7559 4K model. Fixed USB/Bluetooth issues. All working normal now :) Add your own SMBIOS/Serials info.. Enjoy :headbang:

Touchscreen "USB Port" has been disabled due to issues with Voodooi2c causing wake/reboot issues. Everything else works normal.

Attachments

• EFI-Ventura-Dell-7559_4K.zip
    31.9 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Latest Ventura EFI for the Dell 7559 4K model. Fixed USB/Bluetooth issues. All working normal now :) Add your own SMBIOS/Serials info.. Enjoy :headbang:

Touchscreen "USB Port" has been disabled due to issues with Voodooi2c causing wake/reboot issues. Everything else works normal.
greetings, I have a 7559 non 4k, I would like to install Monterey or Ventura. This EFI should works? thanks

greetings, I have a 7559 non 4k, I would like to install Monterey or Ventura. This EFI should works? thanks
Try that EFI if the other one does not work.

Attachments

• EFI-Kaby 1080p.zip
    31.9 MB · Views: 38
Back