Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Thank you so much! first, for the explanation because a lotto users here just say "do that..""do this.." and you need to figure it out. But you explained to me and now EVRYTHING is working perfectly!
Second, for replaying here and helping me because as you can see nobody is answering.

Thank you so much! first, for the explanation because a lotto users here just say "do that..""do this.." and you need to figure it out. But you explained to me and now EVRYTHING is working perfectly!
Second, for replaying here and helping me because as you can see nobody is answering.
Glad it works.
It's not much but, and I'm glad you understood.

Glad it works.
It's not much but, and I'm glad you understood.
BTW if I install SM970 Evo plus (with adapter to SATA) i need to change something in the config file or with the kexts?
and i saw that there are some problems with those SSDs on Monterey but I'm running Bigsur so i will not have any problems right?

Thank you for trying to help me, @slipanot & @jcarcinogen !
I've tried this too, but still got the black screen...
Double-checked BIOS configuration to make sure it is configured correctly, and I also unlocked CFG keys, even though I don't know what is it lol.
Does the harddrive configuration affect boot? I currently slotted both M.2 SATA SSD and 2.5" SATA SSD.
Or is using Monterey installer directly a bad thing? Should I just try using Catalina or Big Sur first?
Hello, how do you manage to unlock the CFG? Thanks!

Before I saw this I started from scratch building a Monterey OC folder and was able to clean up a lot of the ACPI stuff, changed audio and graphics in device properties, and the trackpad now works with different voodoo kexts... this works on the non-4k version. (I think adding -cdfon as a boot arg will work on 4k displays, not sure).
I am able to boot with this EFI but only like 1% of the time. The rest of the time it just gets stuck at this point in the log. It seems to only boot a few times after I upgrade/downgrade UEFI but then just gets stuck at this point when I try to access the installer/recovery from OpenCore. I've been trying all sorts of things but nothing works and I'm pretty close to giving up. Do you think you can help me? My UEFI version is at 1.2.1.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-01-25-200654.txt
    256 KB · Views: 80
A few days ago, I updated my 2016 Dell Inspirion 15 7537 El Capitan Clover UEFI build to Mojave. Flipped in a virgin 2TB Samsung SSD. Did a clean install of Mojave first. Then hooked up my old ElCap boot drive via USB, and when finishing the installation, I had the installer transfer all my data from the old install. You know that old Mac OS option. Always risky. But look at that, it worked charmingly. It also created an unbelievable mess in my L/E and S/L/E and in my kexts, or so I believe.
I spent a worrying chunk of my life in 2016 hacking that Dell laptop and I was not ready to do it again if it had not worked that well this time. But as this is working so greatly, please allow me to make a short list of my last few hurdles on the way to perfection:

- Tackpad PrefPane was greyed out completely and had to be downgraded to El Cap version, now shows working controls - but any time I boot up, I have to start up the System Preferences and select the Trackpad PrefPane just once to bring up it's full functionality. Any better workarounds? I heard there is a script somewhere...

- Boot was very very fast in El Cap and is now very very slow in Mojave, like double to triple the time ElCap needed. Once up, everything is fine, fast and normal, but the slow boot irritates me. Any ideas?

- I have no audio input. Onboard audio output is working nicely on combo jack and HDMI. But Combo jack recognises no connected microphones. On-board microphone next to camera lens is apparently not recognised by the system, yet the camera itself works. (That's funny, because the combo jack worked fine on El Cap, but the onboard camera was just pitch black dead silent in El Cap no matter what I had tried.) This one hurts me the most. I can work around with an iMic when working seriously and with Bluetooth on the move, but still... it makes me unhappy to have no onboard audio-in. Please help. Thank you.

- RealTek SD card reader never worked and still doesn't. Can one do anything about it these days?

(NOTE: All is working perfectly fine in Windows 10 of course.)

Also attaching ACPI and a list of S/L/E content just in case, who knows what it may help (I don't).

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 66
  • ACPI.zip
    77.1 KB · Views: 81
  • LE.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 102
  • S:L:E-list.txt
    7 KB · Views: 55
I added the latest fully working OC folder to the original post. (OC-04/2022). It's still 0.7.5 which is working fine with Monterey 12.3.1. It also works with Big sur... just uses min/max kernel parameters for the kext differences for bluetooth. If you have a different variant than I do then you might need your own USBMap.kext and I don't know if you need to do anything different for UHD/touch screen models. (-cdfon?)

Hi Guys,
I've just tried to install OC hackintosh on my Dell 7559 HD. I have a strange problem (I think...)... I've tried both Catalina and BigSur install media and both installers are working. I prepare disk (I use whole disk for installation of MacOS). So basically installer is finished but at the end in OC menu I don't see the option to boot from the disk... I suspect that this is the problem that after the install I only see the USB installer disk. Please check my attached screens and please let me know what I should check/do to investigate. In the past I didn't had any problems to run HighSierra with Clover. This is my first OC try and maybe I do something completely wrong...

Attachments

• IMG_2137.jpg
    IMG_2137.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2138.jpg
    IMG_2138.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2139.jpg
    IMG_2139.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2144.jpg
    IMG_2144.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
Hi Guys,
I've just tried to install OC hackintosh on my Dell 7559 HD. I have a strange problem (I think...)... I've tried both Catalina and BigSur install media and both installers are working. I prepare disk (I use whole disk for installation of MacOS). So basically installer is finished but at the end in OC menu I don't see the option to boot from the disk... I suspect that this is the problem that after the install I only see the USB installer disk. Please check my attached screens and please let me know what I should check/do to investigate. In the past I didn't had any problems to run HighSierra with Clover. This is my first OC try and maybe I do something completely wrong...

Hi there.

Probaby a bit obvious but how did you format the destination drive? What size is it? And... What Partition scheme did you use?

:)

I used Disk Utility after booting from USB install media and just before the installation. Erased the whole local disk (1TB Crucial SSD) and used "MAC OS Extended (Journaled). This allowed to run the installation (I know that chosing APFS will lead to the problem that after first installation part the partition is not recognized).

Back